Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Looking for friends

blueberry0717 December 29th, 2023

I don't really have many people to talk to and find myself too anxious to pop in and out of chat rooms trying to make them. Everyone needs someone talk to the various things we're going through, right? I recently cut off a lot of toxic people in my life and that has narrowed my social circle significantly... that, and since i suffered from severe social anxiety for a long time, i kind of lost a lot of the connections that I used to have. If you'd be interested in talking, lmk! :) Otherwise if you have some advice about making friends in general I would appreciate it so much, especially as someone who has recently moved to a new place and has a more or less reserved constitution.

toughTiger6481 December 31st, 2023

@blueberry0717

It is hard when we need and sometimes we do need a person to bounce ideas off and chat with.

so many times someone can re frame my thoughts and look at new things...it is hard to chat on the forum but many people have made specific threads for it.   moving is hard and meeting new people if you are reserved or an introvert makes it harder.... i found in the last few years that forcing myself to talk first take a chance to meet a friend is the best way ... i wonder how many friends i could have had if i used that advice at a younger age ...    

cH4ng3m4k3r December 31st, 2023

@blueberry0717 good luck message me some time, lets chat. Im human :) i need some other minds too. 

LuckyLama December 31st, 2023

im up for new friends :) hmu

Sulsulsims January 21st

@blueberry0717 I’m in the same situation I start to feel lonely and don’t feel like I haven’t many people to talk too . I always seem to have to text first . But I’m here I’m willing to be a friend ! :)

blueberry0717 OP February 11th

@Sulsulsims

hey sorry i wasn't online for a while, are you still open to talking? :)

evieats January 23rd

Im ok with messaging and venting

blueberry0717 OP February 11th

@evieats

hey are you still okay with messaging?

braveOrange6472 February 13th

Hi! I am interested in talking with people (especially women around my age—am 51F). Too anxious to post in group chats too.

FeureVox February 16th

@blueberry0717 It sounds like you've been through quite a bit of change recently, and it's understandable to feel adrift as you navigate these new waters. Cutting ties with toxic individuals is a brave step towards prioritizing your well-being, though it can indeed make your world feel smaller for a time. The courage it takes to seek connections despite anxiety is genuinely commendable.

Initiating friendships, especially in a new environment, can seem daunting, but remember, many share your feelings and seek genuine connections.

Sometimes, joining local groups or classes that align with your interests can be a more manageable way to meet like-minded individuals. Online platforms dedicated to hobbies or causes you're passionate about can also be a softer entry point to socializing, as they offer common ground from the outset.

I'm here to listen and share in your journey if you're open to talking. Everyone deserves a space to feel understood and valued, and I'd be honored to be part of yours. Remember, the quality of connections, not the quantity, fills our lives with meaning.
Tikichick February 17th

@blueberry0717

I could use a chat buddy

Vane26 February 17th

@blueberry0717 Hello, I'd like to say that I also did the same things you did. I cut off the toxic people. After I did that although it hurt me but when I moved and time past by I gradually let it go. It's just a thing in life that you will sometimes cut of people but you will also meet new people. When I moved it took me a while but I started to make new friends just by starting a conversation.

secretDay1572 February 17th

inter the place with a smile interact eye to eye try to focus on enjoying the moment the place your coffee amd don’t keep checking your phone like you embarrassed of being alone

RachHaven03 February 17th

I totally get this :(

I'm definitely open to talk if u want 😁