Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Greenest Flag๐Ÿ’š

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 2nd

Hiya everyone.๐Ÿ’š

There's so many great qualities to look for in a person and eventually, in a friend. So many basics like a good sense of humor, someone kind, someone empathetic, someone fun to be around, someone caring, someone supportive, someone trustworthy and honest, someone helpful and nice, someone loyal and authentic and so many more.

Which makes me wonder, what do most people consider to be the absolute bestest thing/ quality in a friend.

tonton-tontonfriends.gif

What's the greenest flag according to you in a friend?๐Ÿ’š

YourCaringConfidant September 2nd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Those are all such wonderful qualities to have in a friend. โ™ก I value the very few people I can trust and actually depend on long term.ย 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 2nd

@YourCaringConfidant

Trustworthiness and Dependability are truly such vital traits.๐Ÿ’š

Ooh and quality over quantity always!๐Ÿ’š

YourCaringConfidant September 3rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Yessss ๐ŸŒž! Always quality! Having quality people [in real life ๐Ÿ˜†] is such a rarity, imo... Hope you have been doing well, my ๐ŸŒž friend.ย 

92b6c13e-3406-4c04-90f8-2399eeb85628_1725327739.jpeg

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 8th

@YourCaringConfidant

That is soo true, I feel as adults it's also not as easy making friends than as kids lol.ย 

Like kids can just share a pencil and be like "you're my bestie from now".๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญย 

It's cute! xDย 

Awww such pretty flowers, and a heart-melting gesture, as always, thank youu, Desiree. ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’– I'm sooo sure people off-cups are blessed to have a friend like you. (And they better be lol)

milk-and-mocha-bear-hug.gif

slowdecline48 September 3rd

Honesty, without a doubt. The most basic qualification is whether you can leave the room with the other person in it, return, & reasonably expect anything valuable to still be where you left it. If (s)he can't be depended on to leave your things alone, then that person is not a friend...& not someone a good quality, either.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 8th

@slowdecline48

Totally agree.๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Honesty and in a way, reliability, is a must!

uniqueGrace8272 September 16th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

hey sunny โ˜€๏ธ i hope you are okay and i hope you still remember me ๐Ÿ™ˆย 

lovely ๐Ÿ˜Š post.

I donโ€™t know why but for me itโ€™s really difficult to make new friends as an adult. It takes a lot of time and investment emotionally and mentally. Just cant do it again and again. Plus itโ€™s really difficult to trust someone and to be vulnerable around them.ย 

Green flags according to me ๐Ÿง i think they should be honest and caring and they should have a good sense of humor. Without humor itโ€™s really difficult to be friends with me ๐Ÿ˜ย 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 19th

@uniqueGrace8272

Aw it's been less than 2 weeks since we last interacted in the forums, of course, I remember you, Gracey ๐Ÿ˜ญ xD your brilliant self's kindness is so magical, it is hard to forget, anyway.๐Ÿ’—

Ooooof I am so glad I'm not alone in finding adult friendships hard to make and keep too. You're spot on, it's not as easy as adults to talk to people, be vulnerable with them and let them in, making friends with them and then nurturing that friendship.

Maintaining friendships does take some effort too. It's nice when the effort is mutual though.ย 

Thank youu for sharing, those are such essential green flags in a friend. Sense of humour is super important for me too lol, both in a platonic, as well as romantic relationship, cannot actually vibe with someone who doesn't have a sense of humour. :0

Hehe I hope you do find many awesome people to talk to and connect with. It's difficult to be open and vulnerable, specially as we grow up and become more aware of the harsh realities of the real world, but heyyy, your people might still be out there, there may still be many wonderful people you're yet to make an acquaintance with and let in with you in your life's journey. You do deserve them!๐Ÿ’—