Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bipolar Wife

Jemima679 January 12th, 2022

Hi,

My wife appears to be heading for a manic episode and I've lost my usual support network. Currently feeling very isolated and don't know where to turn.

halcyonCloud2036 January 12th, 2022

@Jemima679

Hello and welcome! You are not alone. There is an entire community here who are struggling with similar situations. I wanted to share this link with you because I think you will find it really helpful:

https://www.7cups.com/home/bipolar/#chatrooms

Also, definitely consider finding a listener for some 1-1 chats to support you as you are going through all of this as well. You are not alone! We are here for you.

If you need any help finding a listener, feel free to message me directly and I will help you!

Sending you vibes for strength and peace.

Sher217 January 13th, 2022

@Jemima679

Hey Jemima,

I'm glad that you found us. We are here to help support you, as you support your wife.

It sounds like you know and recognize the signs of an oncoming episode. That's good that you are in tune with her like this.

I'm really sorry that you lost your usual support network. I understand how that can leave you feeling isolated. I've experienced that also.

In the Family & Caregivers community, we're here for you. We listen to allow you to share your experiences and feelings. We share what we have been through, so that you can feel connected to others with similar experiences. I hope that you'll feel comfortable sharing here and find the support that you need.

I'm interested in finding out more about you and how I can help.

Take care until we talk again.

~ Sher CML/F&C

Jemima679 OP January 17th, 2022

Thank you.

It's just so hard because I still have my own stuff going on but it needs to be pushed away to monitor her moods.

Nobody I know understands.

Sher217 January 18th, 2022

@Jemima679

I hear you. It can be difficult to manage your own stuff and become a caregivers to her at the same time. Finding a balance between the two can be stressful to find but, I've found to be rewarding, once the right balance is found.

~ Sher CML/F&C

Jemima679 OP January 18th, 2022

I get you, and I think this time is more difficult because my own support network is reduced. We always get through it. I just sometimes feel so lost and alone.

Sher217 January 18th, 2022

@Jemima679

As you said: I get that, I really do. I hope that you feel comfortable and know that you can seek support here anytime that you need it. Not only in your caregiving for your wife but also for things of your own. There are many 'regulars' that check in the posts everyday and are glad to be here for you and be your support network.

~ Sher CML/F&C