Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Step Moms

Sunshine0713 July 1st

I’m looking for advice from people like me or people that can give me perspective. I’m 30 years old and a stepmom to 2 girls. I love them to death and would do anything for them most of the time. I don’t have any biological children and sometimes I have a hard time seeing the full picture.

My girls are getting older (into the teens), I’ve been in their lives for 5 years, and we just seem to butt heads more and more every time we see each other. My husband doesn’t back me on anything with them and I’m just getting frustrated with being a stepmom lately.

Also doesn’t help that my husband doesn’t get along with his ex at all so I’m usually the middle man and my relationship with her is 50/50 at best.

All advice welcome but specifically setting boundaries and expectations. Sometimes I feel like I need to step back and live life for me instead of for them.

toughTiger6481 July 1st

@Sunshine0713

Teen years are difficult for all parents and you should have never been put as middle man.... IMO.  brace yourself for a rocky time with teens in the end they settle down and appreciate those who weathered the storm 

Try to not take it personally as they most likely will be back and forth and testing all the parents in their lives. 

Just being there supporting them even when you do not want to ....