Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Adoption. Anything you want to talk about related to adoption. Personal stories, struggles from adoption, a birth parent’s perspective, and etc.

KatKat1234 October 14th, 2022

Hi. I am adopted. It has been 15 years since I was adopted by my amazing, loving family. I am here by a loving birth mother and blessings. I tell this to myself a lot when things feel hard. In reality I truly don’t know if I had a loving birth mother but I strongly believe that, though I do have my moments of doubt, sometimes I feel very alone. It’s an interracial adoption, I’m Latino while my parents are white. It feels really weird because I almost never see anyone else like that, and I live in the southern part of the US and it’s where all the “perfect families” live with their happy life and blonde and blue eyed children. Does anyone else ever feel this or have any stories they’d be willing to share?

fruityPond7887 October 15th, 2022

@KatKat1234 Hello! Thank you for sharing your story! My mom was adopted when she was a few days old by my amazing grandparents. She is so grateful for being adopted, but she always wanted to know her story. She found her birth mother at 21 and she found all the dysfunctionality that came with her (drugs, foster homes for her siblings, etc.). She became even more grateful that she was given up for adoption. She looked for her father for 20 years afterwards and her birth mother really didn't know who it was. Finally, she found a new relative through Ancestry and found her father through the new relative in 2016/2017. She also found 4 new siblings! They have all been great and wonderful and it's been really nice to have more family, but there's still some dysfunction. She's happy to have filled that hole she's always had, but it also reminded her how lucky she got 💕

KatKat1234 OP October 18th, 2022

@fruityPond7887

So sorry for the late reply. (Dealing with things) thank you so much for sharing your perspective. I’m having a hard time at the moment and you gave me the perspective that I needed and to help me feel less alone. You helped me feel more thankful. Thank you. Thank you.

fruityPond7887 October 24th, 2022

@KatKat1234 Aw you're very welcome! I'm glad I was able to bring a different perspective to help you feel less alone <3 I know how hard it can be when you're adopted and how alone it can feel at times and I'm sure you always had so many questions, but you are never alone! Do what makes you feel best! I got your back!❤️

KatKat1234 OP October 24th, 2022

@fruityPond7887 Wow. That is so kind. Thank you so much. I hope you and your journey will continue to be filled with peace and understanding and joy.

fruityPond7887 October 25th, 2022

@KatKat1234 You're very welcome and thank YOU!! You're too sweet 💙