Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Parasitic Mother

courteousLunch82 February 6th, 2021

I’m not sure what to do with my mother anymore. A week ago I stopped communication with her after a fight that was triggered by financial concerns brought up at an inappropriate time. I had just told her that I got a new weekend gig and I needed to go to bed early so I didn’t want to talk about it that night but she insisted we had to. After almost 2 hours of an exhausting conversation she told me I may be losing a large sum of money come tax season and to check with my accountant if anything could be done in preparation. “There’s nothing you can do about it but you need to call them on Monday. You should’ve looked into it earlier.” Now - I don’t know about you but - I DO NOT like hearing that I am not in control of something because that’s worrying I don’t need to add to my stress list. It makes me feel like I have no control over said thing. I prefer that if there’s nothing I can do, then don’t tell me until it gets here. But that second piece was what did it. First, she says it wasn’t in my control, but then she adds how I didn’t do something I should’ve. This left me confused and worried about what I missed and what the penalty would be. So, I spent an hour or so searching through my documents to see what I could’ve missed, why didn’t do something I should’ve, etc. I was in a panic and I broke down in tears. As I tried to calm myself down I organized my thoughts and recognized that this is a common occurrence; she takes a stressful topic, plays it off as nothing to worry about and then she plants one small seed of worry that she pins on me. She does this to take the worry off of her and plant it on someone else. A parasitic move. I became enraged. Then I did something I’ve never done. I called her back and just exploded at her. I told her how she made me feel, how she always does this. She doesn’t realized that when she releases her worry then she gives it to me and gives me the burden. I went on to explain and give examples of how she picks the worse times; inconsiderate of how it will effect me. I had to go to bed early to prep for the new gig and now I wouldn’t be able to sleep. I’d have rather learned this the next day after the gig because at least then I could afford to lose sleep. She told me I was overreacting, that I’m too emotional, and I don’t let her “help me”. I wanted to slap her though video chat when she said, “Breathe” and went on about how “I don’t let her help me.” - which was so far from the truth it wasn’t funny. She’s so invasive it’s impossible to keep her out even from half way across the country! My god I wanted to choke her though the screen. But I just hung up because I couldn’t take it anymore. She tried to call me back moments later, but I didn’t pick up. I put her on silent and didn’t reply. The next day she tried to casually text me, but I respectfully told her I didn’t want to talk. It wasn’t until I ordered something online that she texted me again asking why I bought a particular item (pet supplies). I felt this was an invasion of privacy and politely, but assertively, told her I didn’t have to answer that question. The texts stopped there. Since then I still have spoken with my father and sister, whom I think are just casually checking on me for her - because they never text/call me really (-_-). But that’s ok. I really would like an apology from her, but I know I’ll never get one. She always feels she did nothing wrong. Sorry for the long rant. Had to get this out. I appreciate you reading this.

dragonball4lyfe February 6th, 2021

Honestly my mom is a pretty big B word. Always been ugly and being so critical and judge mental. So one day I decided fuck it life sucked. I lived on my own since a young age 14 kicked out then ran away after being mistreated and locked out. I always had mommy issues wanting her love and to be proud. Well I realized in my 20’s shit ain’t happening. I felt like you. So in the middle legit midnight! I packed my shit and moved across country changed my number and no one knew what I did till the next morning my friends realizing. I’m in my 30’s and my mom found my grandmother and told her I better call or she’s calling the cops saying I’m missing.... wtf right! And ways she calls maybe once a month no visits just a phone call that ends in me being pissed. But that’s better than more frequent. Maybe you should relocate even if it’s just in the same area just don’t tell her where you live or your number