Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need a safe space to unpack about my family

Directionless99 March 20th, 2023

Okay I'm going to cut the chase. I've done research, watched videos, and even joined a reddit group for awhile and I think it's safe to say my family is 100% dysfunctional. I mean you have lying, gaslighting, abuse, family secrets, trust issues and so on, but I know I can't or do too much without looking or sounding like I'm that bad, or sneaky, or rebellious when rebelliousness runs in the family. And frankly I do not want to make anything worse. So I just need some advice. Where do I go from there? Because I really feel like we might as well be like one of those types of families from some crazy reality show. What do I do to avoid dwelling on the past? What do I do to avoid worrying about the future? Should I worry about people trusting me even if it's not like haven't given them reasons not to? And should I still worrying about keeping secrets between family members? I'm just saying someone has to break the cycle.

lightSailboat7796 March 20th, 2023

@Directionless99 1. Separate your own affairs from other people's affairs 2. Use incentives to stimulate actions 3. Overturn negative emotions 4. Learn to accept yourself 5. Don't demand too much from yourself

1 replies