Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi I am Lara

ambitiousOrange2776 April 29th, 2021

I am 17 years old nad I struggle with food for almost 3 years. It all started in 8th grade when I stopped growing. As a child I had always been skinny because I am tall and I was active. When I had stopped growing my shape changed and became a little bit bigger. In biology we learned about calories and I decided to lose like [edited by Anomalia for weight specifics] kgs. It was going great for 3 months. I had reached my goal weight but I wanted to lose more and more. I started to skip breakfast and lunch. Everyone noticed that I had lost weight and it encouraged me to keep going. In the summer I was working out several hours a day and eating very little( i don't want to mention calories) . I would stay up late so I would not have to have breakfast and so on. My family and friends started to tell me to eat and that I am too skinny. When I would go out with my friends I would tell them that I have already eaten and my family that I will eat them. When we had gone back to school everyone was bothering me to eat and asking me why I am this skinny. But the turning point was when I fainted in the mall. I started to eat more because I wanted them to leave me alone and I wanted to get my period back. But I couldn't stop. I had terrible binges and I couldn't stop after my weight had restored. Covid came and it got even worse in the first lockdown. I had terrible binges and I felt like that I don't have anything to enjoy in life. In the summer I started to purge after binges and I mantained my weight. It went like that until last november. We got into second lockdown and i decided to count calories again and started to working out again. I had lost 5kgs but I was starving myself again. Now I have binges again and I feel so miserable. I want to get help but i don't know how to tell this to my family. In the other hand I don't think I am sick enough.

Bobcat2006 April 29th, 2021

That sounds really hard. It’s so hard to get things just right in the middle not too much not too little. I’ve had mental problems before I even knew what Mental health was. In the past years it’s gotten worse and I’m too afraid to ask for help and tell my family how I really feel. I think you are having problems and we both need support. You can do this.