Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

food aversion

sofiacarsonfan27 9 hours ago

(let’s make a codename for ‘food’ just for this because i don’t like saying it so food = turtles)

does anyone else have food aversion? it seems to be really overlooked. it’s where people don’t like talking about turtles (it took a lot for me to send this) or seeing people with it or being in the same room as turtles. it makes us feel anxious and very uncomfortable and we might avoid eating turtles, feel upset seeing others eat or not want to be around turtles at all and it's not necessarily about body image, but more about the discomfort turtles cause. trying to spread awareness as it is generally overlooked because it’s not the most common ed!! 💜

KristenHR 2 hours ago

@sofiacarsonfan27

It sounds like this is distressing for you, not just uncomfortable.  I'm glad you posted.   How long have you been struggling with this?  Do you have any supportive people you can share with when it's really tough for you?

I've found that having a support network can really be helpful, but it requires having those that are trustworthy and understanding.