Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

ednos?

sofiacarsonfan27 September 20th

ive had a long history with ed, about 2 years ago i started starving myself even though i was very underweight, told my parents and they put me in therapy (i then got diagnosed with anorexia) but i hated it so so much to the point where i nearly ended my life. i convinced them that it had gone away, and it honestly had for a bit so they let me stop about a year ago. but lately ive been having the same kind of thoughts but now its not as much that i want to starve myself i just feel a) very uncomfortable talking about food b) dont want to be around it c) get very overwhelmed and anxious when i see a lot of it (aka at my school canteen) d) self conscious eating in front of people e) i do skip some meals but not as much as i used to. i can’t tell my parents it has come back or the will just put me back in therapy which i literally can’t do. i dont think i have anorexia anymore but i might have a different ed. does anyone know what it could be? thanks :)

KristenHR 3 hours ago

@sofiacarsonfan27

It's really difficult to determine what type of eating disorder someone might have as each person is individual, but I think it's important to note that you are seeing something there for yourself.

There are some eating disorder sites that can help to identify if there is an eating disorder, but I'm unsure if they would break it down into which one without an assessment with a professional.  

Would you be able to seek out help from your previous counselor by chance?  Or a school counselor?  Sometimes getting involved with a support group in person or online can be helpful as well, just to have the support of others struggling with eating disorders, even if the eating disorder isn't exactly the same one.