Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Eating Disorders : Awareness & Coping Strategies

Hope January 10th, 2017

Hey Everyone ^_^. I have been posting about eating disorders here lately. I would like to gather the resources in one post for easy access and I would like to thank everyone who participated in these forum discussions and read these posts.

Binge Eating Disorder: Awareness

Coping Strategies: Binge Eating Disorder

Anorexia Nervosa (AN): Awareness

Coping Strategies: Anorexia Nervosa (AN)

Bulimia Nervosa: Awareness

Coping Strategies: Bulimia Nervosa

Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS/OSFED): Awareness

Coping Strategies: EDNOS/OSFED

ARFID/SED: Awareness

Mikayla222 November 10th, 2019

@Hope i usualy dont eat for days at a time. Until i am so hungry that it hurts and i almost pass out. Or if i get yelled at to eat by friends and family

sereneZebra8252 January 5th, 2021

@Mikayla222 I am sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. I'm a recovered anorexic so I have some experience in this realm. Anorexia is so much more than just not eating. It is rooted with a lot of other feelings. I can see how it is hard to have people telling you to, just eat when it is so much more complex. I think trying to deal with the roots can help you also deal with getting back to a healthy place physically and mentally. Each day set new little goals, even if they are small towards recovery.

@EssenceOfHope brilliant work

2ears4u November 21st, 2017

@Hope Thanks, Hope! Amazing job!

delicateFriend79 March 22nd, 2018

So helpful, thank you. xo

orangeSouth7321 April 26th, 2018

@Hope this is such a helpful collection :)

piercetheaiden December 16th, 2018

@Hope

Thanks for sharing!

meganfb April 12th, 2019

Thanks so much for including more information on EDNOS/OSFED! I do, at times, still find it hard to validate my own feelings and symptoms, and find myself in a lot of denial. It's good to see resources that more directly fit my own experiences.

ScarredWingsStillFly May 22nd, 2020

@Hope

im new to the ED support area but im struggling a lot and i cant find anyone to talk to that can help and im scared and alone

Helpingxhearts November 23rd, 2021

Hey love, this may be a little late, but I hope you have found someone in cups to talk to, feel free to reach out, I’m sure many of our listeners would love to help you, myself included! 💗 I hope you’re enjoying 7 cups so far!!

Jordanrakesh April 29th, 2022

It is rooted with a lot of other feelings. I can see how it is hard to have people telling you to, just eat when it is so much more complex. I think trying to deal with the roots can help you also deal with getting back to a healthy place physically and mentally. Each day set new small goals, even if they are small towards recovery. Its good improve things in daily routine.!!

Kgal99 February 25th, 2021

hi everyone! I'm new to this group. I've struggled with an ED & understand how hard they can be to handle, especially when you don't have anyone to talk to. i'm glad this group exists so that we can all support each other through this process!

Jordanrakesh April 29th, 2022

It is rooted with a lot of other feelings. I can see how it is hard to have people telling you to, just eat when it is so much more complex. I think trying to deal with the roots can help you also deal with getting back to a healthy place physically and mentally. Each day set new little goals, even if they are small towards recovery.