Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Little sister want to be a model

Estelle1313 July 20th, 2015

Hello strangers. Im really concerned about my little sister she is only twelve years old. She really want to be populare, and she thinks if she want to be that she have to be a model or something. Now she is dieting, and workout too much! Im really scared she is gonna end up with a eating disorder. What should I do?

BerryTea July 20th, 2015

First of all you need to make her understand that is not that esay. And even if she become a model is not for sure she will be a Súper model. What is she gonna do when she turns 30? (If se is not a súper model, at 30 you are useless) she needs a real job. About the diet and excersise, I think you should see what kind of diet she is doing. Is she eating healthy? Or little? I know young girls that have amazing fit bodies because of diet and excersise and they are 15 years old. Talk to her about her real body goal. Maybe she just want to look and feel better. The other thing, is that I feel she is just too young for that. I have an eating disorder and it started with a diet. It was a slow process, just look at the things she eats. Not only what, but how much. Sorry if My post was confuse. (And sorry if my english is bad)

Estelle1313 OP July 20th, 2015

Thanks! :)

theworldisquiethere July 21st, 2015

Hello! I think it's wonderful that you're so concerned about your little sister, and aware that she could be in danger of an eating disorder. It's very important to catch an eating disorder as early as possible and you being so aware of her could end up saving her life!

I think the best thing for you to do is to make your parents aware of your fears. Ask them to help you keep an eye on your sister to make sure she's not heading into dangerous territory. Your parents are important people to have on your side because they're in the best position to watch your sister's behavior right now, and because they're going to be essential to helping her get well if she is slipping into an eating disorder.

It can't hurt to talk to your sister about your worries too. But be warned: if she is dealing with an eating disorder, she's likely to deny it. And being as young as she is, she might not take your fears very seriouslty. Involving your parents is probably to be the best way to keep her safe.