Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Relapse

Kittikatmow October 9th, 2016

I've been "in recovery" for years now, a lot of people would still define my eating habits as disordered but it was where I was a healthy weight and didn't have a lot of anxiety about calories or fat in general.

Then my life blew up, and I gained [weight edited by 24Help1] pounds, and now I'm secretly taking diet pills which I haven't done since I was 15, I've stopped snacking(which was the only thing I'd eat all day besides dinner hence why a lot of people still consider it disordered eating), and now I'm plagued with food anxiety on top of everything else.

Hopeful0001 October 9th, 2016

@Kittikatmow

I am sorry to hear that you have relapsed. An eating disorder can be a difficult thing to have to deal with because when you feel like you're better, the anxiety about your weight and what you can eat creeps up on you. What happened to make you relapse? (what triggered you?)

What sorts of things helped you out with your eating disorder when you were younger? Would those things help now?

lovingLynx89 October 22nd, 2016

@Kittikatmow

Hi Kitti. Sometimes it helps to know you are not alone when it comes to handling food. It can be overwhelming, I am sorry you feel this way. A lot of people struggle with this but know that it is through patience and time. We have each other! We can listen and be there for each other. Take care of your self!

CassieThePeach October 28th, 2016

@Kittikatmow @Kittikatmow It sounds like you've gone through a lot lately, and I can see just how much it's getting to you and how challenging it sounds. Remember 7cups is here for you, and I'm happy you're speaking out on here. Relapsing is extremely hard and can leave you feeling incredibly guilty and bad, remember this isn't your fault at all and that anyone in your position would feel as terrible as you do. Food anxiety is also really tough to deal with, is there anything that eases it/makes it easier to cope with that's not harmful to you? <3 Stay strong :)