Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need to put weight on but... argh

AmalieAnne August 30th, 2017

Hello,

Sorry not sure why but I am and I am not sure I have an eating disorder. I need to put some weight on because I need to get to [edited by Anomalia to remove weight specifics] for a couple of reasons. I am a little small for my age but... in the last couple of months I have not gained any weight and I am not in trouble for it.. just something... I have not done anything to not gain weight like making myself sick. I also still have to sit at the table until I have finish whatever meal it is. But I HATE it.. just the thought of putting on weight is not nice.. I mean if I got to [edited] then maybe everyone else would no focus so much on me eating and there is another thing as well. Just.. I am not sure just so confused and frustrated and I am not even sure why I am posting there or what my question is. Just blaah. Sorry,

Ame

partlysunny August 30th, 2017

@AmalieAnne No need to say you are sorry. Sometimes we just need to vent even if there no question. Blah away & get it off your chest :) I don't know how to help but I wish you good luck.

AmalieAnne OP September 1st, 2017

@partlysunny Thank you *hugs*

littlePapaya7379 August 31st, 2017

Hey @AmalieAnne

I can see why you would feel confused. You want to gain weight but dont at the same time?

But like im no doctor and dont know your hieght or age but [edited by Anomalia to remove weight specifics] sounds low and if youre not doing anything to lose the weight maybe seeing a doctor could help ? to see if there a reason or to see them about your thoughts on gaining weight. I dunno but take care of yourself.

X

AmalieAnne OP September 1st, 2017

@littlePapaya7379 Yes, I want to gain weight and do not so it is confusing. My bmi thing is [edited by Anomalia to remove BMI specifics] which is healthy just kind of still growing taller at the moment. Just the whole eating thing and weight thing is just I am not sure why it matters because it does not and it does at the same time. I can understand why being sick is bad but that is the only non-confused thing about it.. maybe just need to weight until I grow a bit more or something

HannahCaradonnnaMSW September 1st, 2017

@AmalieAnne

Thanks for sharing and I 'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. It sounds like you feel a lot of pressure to eat. It can be really hard to eat when it feels like a struggle at each meal. I don't know if you have an eating disorder but it can be helpful to talk to someone else who isn't part of your food team to sort out your feelings about what happens at the table.

Good luck to you.

AmalieAnne OP September 4th, 2017

@HannahCaradonnnaMSW I do not think it an eating disorder more.. I am not sure. I am seeing my therapist this afternoon so will try to talk to her a little about it. Thank you

HannahCaradonnnaMSW September 5th, 2017

@AmalieAnne

I'm glad to hear you are going to talk about it with your therapist. Let me know how it goes.