Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help??

Hope7879 December 7th, 2018

I lost weight over the summer ... I did it with not eating or drinking. Around half of the summer after I did this I started having my heart feel like it would stop and start like it would feel like I got into a car accident (been in a few) when you get into one it stops and starts like quickly from being scared. I told my doctor that it feels like it but we did an ekg and it said my heart was fine but why does it do this every day? It just feels awful like I get light headed and I just feel like a shock when it does it like my heart started over. Plus my blood pressure has been high and low

Yesterday my dad said hope you need to lose [weight edited by 24Help1] more pounds by February andy doctor said to my dad you need to stop telling her this or discussing weight with her because it is not healthy and it won't help her. Yet he still does and I deal with it. I'm still skipping meals like I want to just lose weight more but this pressure is making me want to do it unhealthy because there is a time limit now. Like I already lost [weight edited by 24Help1] pounds over the summer. I just don't know what to do...

JaytheNinja December 7th, 2018

@Hope7879

you could be malnourished.

Let yourself eat and drink.

You know whats best for you; not your dad. Tell him that your weight is fine and it shouldnt be a concern of his. Tell him that you have to take care of yourself. Tell him that he doesnt know how the pressure makes you feel and how you feel that the extreme measures you have gone through to please him arent good.

Hope7879 OP December 8th, 2018

@goldenDog9992 I've been drinking and eating like I don't know if it's cuz of issues like that in the past

JaytheNinja December 8th, 2018

@Hope7879

Maybe for now try to eat something at each meal, even if its fruit or something.

Idk.... in the end, its up to you

AmberGlowFalls December 17th, 2018

Hey hun, you really have to let yourself eat, and most importantly drink. not only drinking doesn't make you fat in any way, but it's also useful to loose weight, but also the time limit you can survive without eating and drinking is one week. It's quite short. I'm not a doctor, but if you keep doing like this, your heart will miss the chemicals it needs to keep beating. Right now, it's in super-saving mode, it tries to spare as many electrolytes he can because it keeps using them and you're not refilling its supplies with food and water, that might be why sometime your heart can't keep your omeostasis stable and it misses a beat or blood pressure goes down. Your body is doing what it can to keep itself alive, but it won't be able to do it forever, and the more the situation goes on, the more you will get irreversible damage. It's already happening. I think your bowel and your bone structure will never be the same as before. But you can still stop this. Take your time, of course, because it's not something that happens overnight, but I believe you can do this.
It makes me so sad that your dad keeps pushing his daughter towards a path that's destroying her, and I don't know which his reasons might be, but he's so wrong. I'm sorry you have to deal with him also. But he's wrong. He's so wrong. Listen to your body and try to take care of yourself. Whatever that deadline means, it can't be more important than you own life