Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

February 2022 Events - National Eating Disorders Awareness Week!

rrretsuko February 21st, 2022

hi, everyone ! <3 i hope you're all doing well :) starting today, february 21, this year's national eating disorders week has begun !

_1645434848.100 Motivational And Inspirational Quotes You’re Going To Love.jpg

national eating disorders awareness week helps encourage people to engage in advocacy and raise awareness of eating disorders in their communities ! whether you struggle with anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating, pica, osfed (other specified), etc., you are completely valid and you absolutely can achieve a successful recovery <3

anyone-- no matter their age, gender, weight, body type, etc. can struggle with an eating disorder (even if it's behind closed doors). it's extremely important that we take the time to raise awareness and educate others on the truth about eating disorders ! they can be so destructive for some, and that is why i am so happy we have this lovely community to help make things at least a little bit better for those with eating disorders :)

as someone who has been diagnosed with an eating disorder (anorexia nervosa), recovery can take quite some time <3 but that's okay and it's important to remember that it differs for everyone :) one other vital thing to note is that relapsing is normal-- the road to recovery is not easy at all, and we can slip up along the way. don't let that discourage you ! recovery can be achieved and obstacles can be overcome, even if it does take time

here are some things you can try to remind yourself of along your journey :

❤️ you are beautiful

❤️ you are valid

❤️ you are doing a great job

❤️ you are worthy of love, self-care and care from others, support, and help

❤️ you can get through this

❤️ and, you have a whole community behind you :) <3

how is your journey to recovery going ? feel free to share what challenges have you may have encountered and if you have managed to overcome those challenges <3 or, even one thing you have learned along the way ? <3 we would love to hear from you !

rrretsuko OP February 21st, 2022

tagging the community ! <3 : @24Help1 @2ndOf7 @adaptablePomegranate1115 @AddictedTealover98 @adventurousComputer9958 @Aimee198 @Aiswarya123 @Amicia @Ashe01 @Ayodeji @azuladragon34 @berryMeringue22410 @bestFarm5777 @Blessedboy @blueberry712 @BrightStarrySkies @BrokenMedic @bunniecore @calmSpace19 @carocaal @CateGrace @Catlub @charmingSky1384 @cherrymalt01 @ClimbingForever1 @CompassionCake @competentParadise6344 @cuddlyKiwi43 @cuteOrange213 @dagaz13th @Dhai28 @Elizabeth2807 @elizabethunter @fairmindedCturtle1000 @FallenStarss @FunkyFlamingo @gentleLand5245 @Goldcherry2113 @greenShip8274 @Happy900 @Hashib22 @holdingtohope @Jenn7Cups @JoyfulUnicorn @Lilibeth777 @Ling80 @Lintspace @LizzieR0717 @marmar26 @matchamochi07 @Mel @melancholyk @mildraindrops @Minghao1010 @mmklemm @MorgiePositive @Myself85 @NancyHaze @OpheliacRose @parisayano @placidWatermelon7003 @plantlover3 @PotatoSoup @powerfulDime4020 @Pxpillegaby @rabbit911 @Redheadbaker7206 @redLime9266 @resourcefulPond1641 @roseMelody95 @SammyLouise @SarcasticWoman2005 @sensitiveTree7818 @sereneoceanscene @Shackled @Shanna @SharpiePen @SkyLindenHope @Smallbean0404 @SparkleKitten5000 @Stardew3 @SympatheticStrawberrySmoothie @talkswithariba @Tazzie @theheartproject @TheMadHatterWasHere @Traveller8 @turquoiseFriend2396 @understandingMoon3999 @verawolf @WWSF @youandmesohappily

Helpingxhearts March 4th, 2022

@rrretsuko

thank you so much for the reminder, I needed that!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 22nd, 2022

@rrretsuko

Hiyaa Suko, thankyou for creating this wonderful post! I agree as well, so needed to spread more awareness, educate people as well as assure those struggling with an eating disorder, how their struggles are valid, and they can reach out for support freely! ❤️

I love the reminders you shared, everyone needs to hear them!

Sending love and strength to everyone coming across this! ❤️

rrretsuko OP February 22nd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

hi, sun ! 😊❤️ thank *you* very much for taking the time to read through it and post a reply !

yes, we definitely need to work on spreading more awareness about the truth of eating disorders as they really do vary for each individual ! i’m glad you think so as well ! 😊

thank you very much ! i’m so happy you like my post and i hope you have an amazing day week ahead ! much appreciated ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 22nd, 2022

@rrretsuko aw ofcourse, so hard *not* to reply to such amazing threads hehe! I appreciate you lots, suko! And thankyou, I hope you have an amazing week ahead too. 🤗❤

easyMaple3687 February 22nd, 2022

@rrretsuko thank you for making us aware of this! such an important event

rrretsuko OP February 23rd, 2022

@easyMaple3687

absolutely ! <3 and thank you so much for taking the time to read through it ! :) i really appreciate that ! hope you enjoyed

LavenderHere February 23rd, 2022

@rrretsuko thank you sooooooo much for the lovely post! We really gotta acknowledge that anyone may have an ed, this post is so validating! Those reminders are really important for recovery!

@LavenderHere

of course, lavender ! 😊❤️ i’m so happy you liked the post and thought it was validating !

the reminders are very essential for a great recovery and i’m glad you agree ! thank you so much for taking the time to read the post and create a reply !

Milo19 February 23rd, 2022

I have to be honest here. There are now more awareness weeks than there are days in the year. As someone who has struggled with an eating disorder for a number of years, I feel that the relentless focus on mental health and eating disorders is not necessarily healthy. Yes it’s important to have a space where it can be discussed but it is also vital that mental health problems (including eating disorders) do not become someone’s whole identity and it’s very easy to become sucked into that vortex, especially on sites like 7cups. So while I think a level of awareness, especially around the body image concerns is vital, please be mindful of how this is discussed and focused upon.

@Milo19

i can completely understand where you’re coming from with that ❤️ it can be easy for someone to let their mental disorders define them and it’s not necessarily healthy.

although that may be true, this post was just meant to help give some helpful reminders for those that are struggling with eating disorders to remember which could help them with recovery 😊 some struggle with feeling invalidated about their issues because there are a few stereotypical perspectives about eating disorders out there.

i get what you are saying and i do agree with you ❤️ but it is also very important to educate others who may not have too much knowledge on eating disorders and the way they work in order to break those stereotypes and help people to get the help they deserve ! and i also hope the little reminders will help

thank you so much for taking the time to read through the post and for posting a reply ❤️

electricbird February 24th, 2022

@rrretsuko

thank you for this beautiful post! I agree with everything you just said and it is very important for all of us to try and keep raising awareness about all kinds of eating disorders, because sometimes there could be some actions or habits we see as normal, specially when they form a part of a diet culture or a beauty standard, when in reality they could be harmful and contribute to an eating disorder.

I'm sending all my love and strenght for all of you who are still on a journey through recovery.

rrretsuko OP February 25th, 2022

@electricbird

absolutely ! <3 i'm very happy you agree. i also agree that sometimes, actions can be considered normal but should definitely be put into consideration as they can cause people to develop eating disorders. they also could be symptoms of an eating disorder ! we definitely need to raise more awareness and be a bit more careful with our standards today-- not everyone needs to fall into one category to be considered "beautiful" ! :)

thank you so much for the support and for taking the time to post a reply. i hope you have a great week ahead !

faithlove1111 February 24th, 2022

@rrretsuko , Thank you for the uplifting words and support .

@faithlove1111

absolutely ! <3 and thank *you* for taking the time to post a reply and read through it !

justasmallwarrior February 25th, 2022

The road is hard, the days are long, you're feeling tired, it all feels wrong.

To anyone suffering from eating disorders, I wish you the very best of luck with your journey.

@justasmallwarrior

love that <3 thank you very much for sharing and for all the support and love <3 i hope you have a great week ahead !

lindorcarameltruffles February 27th, 2022

Wow! I can’t believe I’m just now seeing this sweet post. This is something that I needed, and countless others who struggle with eating disorders. This is really amazing! ❤️

SynSavory February 27th, 2022

@rrretsuko

how is your journey to recovery going ? feel free to share what challenges have you may have encountered and if you have managed to overcome those challenges <3 or, even one thing you have learned along the way ? <3 we would love to hear from you !

This doesn't really apply to me but maybe in a little sense - as I'm trying to be more mindful of what i eat and eat more slowly to avoid emotional eating or not eating enough reliably. I try to stick to a regular routine instead of eating whenever.

Clairebear233 March 2nd, 2022

You know that feeling when you are eating healthy and working out but you still feel fat and you think you need to be thinner? Well.. that is me right now

bbmarko June 18th, 2022

@rrretsuko thanks a lot for the rememberrrr <333333

jazaleah September 19th

It’s been a struggle for me to cope with my Pica disorder, I know it’s because of my anemia due to me being vegetarian for 6 years and have never craved the grit of sand or chewing on anything other than food… such as ice for example but a specific type of form of ice which excites me and has helped me work as an alternative to chewing non food items. I love food which is the problem but would much rather chew on things such as sand or ice instead of eating a meal… it’s been a struggle of mine for a while & never have opened up for advice. Most people would reply to this with the comman response of “you must be pregnant” however, im a lesbian and have never been pregnant due to my infertility. I’m 27 years old, so im not a teenager or a child. It’s something I’ve been battling and yes im taking my iron pills however, maintaining my weight has been due to my weird fascination of ice chewing. I am still healthy and get my right nutrition I eat 1-2 times a day of regular food but I can’t help but enjoy the satisfaction of the way chewing ice has excited me

jazaleah September 19th

For those that have came this far to read everything I wrote. I appreciate and love you. I know eating disorders are so much more complex than mine however this is a safe space and even if my situation doesn’t relate to yours, just know you’re valid always and just know I am proud of any effort you make!