Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Recovery?

Sarzgb June 11th, 2015

Hey all! So today was my second day so far( well almost I guess 1 3/4!) without purging- throwing up...... Anyways i am very proif of myself except i feel like i just reverted back to my old habits now i am so petrified of every calorie that goes into my mouth - i added up my calories and i know logically i need more food but my mind is telling me it was to much calories. And i am using laxatives to just try and cut off some of the calories............. So am i even recovering? I don't know maybe just exchanging one thing for the next ??? If anyone can help me please! Thank you!!!!!!

Eme June 12th, 2015

Well hi! I am glad to hear that you have decided to embark on the journey to recovery, so I am proud of you as well. Recovery is a very hard process, and it doesn't go smoothly. There will likely be episodes of relapse, and periods of time where you can't control these relapses. This is part of the journey, don't let it discourage you. For now, try not to expect too much out of yourself, it is a staircase with some obstacles! It's totally normal to be counting calories and trying to eliminate them, so take it day by day. Set small goals, like eating 50 calories more than you did the prior day and refraining from exercising them off/using other means to get rid of them. Take times to write down the day's successes, no matter how small. And maybe have something that reminds you of your goal, something you can look at when you feel like you are going to relapse. It can help enormously.

It's a rocky path, but I believe in you!

Best of luck.