Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

trying out a new method #1

kipdefaith March 6th, 2017

i realised that the more i keep believing that i have an eating disorder, whenever i make mistake, i will be so guilty and demoralised and feel that i cant be helped, i cant be changed, this is already in me, it is useless to even try, i dont even need to try to change cos i will make myself more disappointed when it happens again, i keep thinking that it will confirm happen again cos i HAVE a disorder. i have a disorder. i am a disorder. so i hope to focus on "healthy living" instead of focusing on "recovering from binging" !! it seems to work as i am able to change when i focus on eating healthy food (eating more) but still be healthy cos its a challenge. its a choice. i know i cant stop eating. i cant control my portion. but if i choose to pick up and put in my mouth healthy food instead of unhealthy food, i can eat more and not feel guilty. and slowly my portion becomes smaller. and ya it really helps!! my psychological burden lessen really quite a fair bit and now i can meet my friends properly (its like to the point i stop doing things i like , stop meeting friends cos i wanted to skip meals to make up for the stuffed meals but i end up finding unhealthy snacks and sweet treats to satiate myself and it turn out to be a binge-fast-guilt cycle..) okayy so to cut short the story, yes i am on my way to recovery!!!

now i just need someone who can be my vege and fruits buddyy to keep the motivation going!! cos making a choice requires that first step of ACTION

kipdefaith OP March 6th, 2017

continued:

yes so that action requires a catalyst!! which is that bit of motivation!

so i am eager to start on a plan

1. healthy eating: eating more fruits and vege instead of sweets, choc, cakes, tarts, biscuits, cookies, breads

2. exercising daily: both cardio and strength training

3. positivity!! to be others-centred always and to do more in life, do more for others

however i need some motivation from a buddy who shares similar dreams! :))) hope to find a 20-ish girl buddy to buddy up with me!! i would gladly want to motivate u too :DD

#spreadingHealthyLiving

tidyYard8237 March 6th, 2017

@kipdefaith awesome

Dinosaurs25 March 7th, 2017

@kipdefaith

hey that sounds like a really great idea. Especially the part about positivity. I have BED as well and it's easy to feel discouraged. I would totally be down to be your buddy and help motivate you. Sometimes you need to just know that someone else is going through the same thing and is fighting so you don't feel alone.

Hollyroyce April 16th, 2017

@kipdefaith I'd love to be your buddy if you still need one! I'm 27 and have BED, trying very hard to do something similar! Let me know if you want to synch up x

L3xi April 18th, 2017

@Hollyroyce I'd equally love to talk to someone who has BED so I don't feel so alone with this. I'm 24 female :)

Hollyroyce April 19th, 2017

@L3xi hey lexi! Would be great to chat! I'd love to have support and have someone I can turn to in times of weakness! Feel free to message any time :)

L3xi April 19th, 2017

@Hollyroyce I'm struggling to work out how to private message ahh! I don't know how you do it - that's if you can? x

I SINCERELY HOPE YOU GUYS WILL NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER EVER QUIT. NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF. BELIEVE THAT CHANGE IS POSSIBLE. IT IS A CHALLENGE BY CHOICE. TAKE THE STEP OUT OF UR COMFORT ZONE OKAY! HOPE U GUYS WILL FIND A BUDDY TO FOR ACCOUNTABILITY!!

#HEALTHYLIFESTYLE

IntellectualPenguin123 March 6th, 2017

@kipdefaith

It's a great idea to focus on moving toward something postive. It's great that it's helping.

@IntellectualPenguin123

thank you so much for the affirmation!!!! :) hope all is well on ur side too!

Anomalia March 8th, 2017

@kipdefaith - I've found myself using a similar method for success - rather than focusing on depriving myself of what I want, I'm filling that with other stuff. So, for instance, I drink too much soda, but instead of cutting back on soda, I'm focusing on drinking more tea and water, which leaves little time/stomach space for the soda - two birds, one stone! :)

kipdefaith OP March 8th, 2017

@Anomalia

yay yes!!!!! :)) lets continue to do so :)

IntellectualPenguin123 March 8th, 2017

@Anomalia Similarly, one thing that's helped me is to think "more veggies and fruits" instead of "less X." If I add more veggies to my plate, there's just less room for other things.