Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling bloated

InnocenceKuchiki November 5th, 2015

Feeling bloated, especially after a binge is horrible. I'd love to know of any foods ( or methods ) that could make me not feel bloated after I eat a lot.

Ambulavimus November 5th, 2015

If I have a bad binge I like to drink a diet soda. It doesn't make me feel like I'm getting even more calories and it settles my stomach.

MeagantheMo November 5th, 2015

I totally feel your pain with binge-y bloatedness. Here's some foods to try:

- Pineapple. It may seem counterintuitive, but drinking lots of water and eating fruits and veggies with a high water content can actually help reduce bloating. Pineapple is a prime example—delicious and tropical, its also great at flushing your system out because of the combination of enzymes it has.

- Ginger. Ginger delivers a ton of health benefits, and helping with digestion is one of them! Ginger can soothe stomachaches and nausea, as well as help reduce bloating. Try sipping on some ginger tea or chewing on candied ginger. The pickled ginger at sushi restaurants is also a good palette cleanser! Dont like the taste? You can also buy ginger supplements in pill form at health foods stores.

- Yogurt. Not all dairy products are created equal. While cheese and milk (especially if youre lactose intolerant or even just sensitive to dairy) can cause your stomach to puff up, yogurt can help slim you down. Why? Probiotics. This good bacteria helps your intestines process foods better, beating bloating at the same time.

- Peppermint. Like ginger, peppermint has been lauded for centuries for its digestive properties. Sipping on some peppermint tea, taking peppermint oil supplements or even sucking on some peppermint candy can help soothe your system if you feel bloated.

- Bananas. Bananas are great snacks—theyre filling and portable! But heres even more reason to love bananas: Theyre high in potassium, which can help combat water retention from salty foods. Unripe bananas have a certain starch that can cause gas, however, so make sure you eat ripe bananas to help with bloating.

Hope this helps!

- Meagan

Source: http://www.hercampus.com/health/food-nutrition/6-foods-get-rid-bloating-5-foods-cause-it

InnocenceKuchiki OP November 5th, 2015

Thank you! I will definitely try these out.