Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can’t stop

lindaperson June 9th, 2021

I feel completely out of control

StMary June 17th, 2021

that sucks im sorry to hear that

Anomalia June 17th, 2021

@lindaperson - I hate that feeling of being out of control! Have you noticed any patterns to when it comes up? When it comes to eating disorders, one thing I've found helpful is finding small things that can feel more in control to help regain some sense of equilibrium and focusing on building progress from small steps. You've posted in the binge eating forum, so I'm guessing feeling out of control may be related to the binging. Perhaps starting small and seeing if you can reassert some ownership over it yourself - even if what that means is sort of "I may still end up bingeing, but I am going to wait 10 minutes first and in those 10 minutes do something else" and then slowly extending that time until the binge urge isn't so strong. Good luck!

lindaperson OP June 17th, 2021

I think it has to do with my anxiety. My relationship was in chaos and I was in a stressful living situation and since posting originally I have ended the relationship and moved back in with my parents and am much more in control

Anomalia June 17th, 2021

@lindaperson - Congratulations - that's great news! It is hard to end a relatonship, even when you can recognize that it's causing stress or harm to you, so good for you for taking control of it and getting into a place where you feel more at ease and in control Red heart