Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

i think i have an eating disorder?

notharinn March 21st

so ever since high school started i’ve been really conscious about what i eat. i used to like flush food down the toilet, trash most of it away and im still really scared of sugar. at some point i had been undereating so much that i almost fainted when i was talking with my parents. so that’s when i started my recovery. 

but recently i lost my period and my doc told me to eat more. so since then ive binged so much. ever since i started my recovery, i’ve been loosing control over food. like i get these urges to eat a lottt of food and i feel so guilty after that. i stuff myself until im like uncomfortably full. before it used to happened like once in two months or something but now its been happening more regularly. does this mean im developing another eating disorder? is binge eating normal during anorexia recovery?? 

Kadiedow March 25th

@notharinn Hello! I’m kadie! Firstly, congratulations on attempting recovery! That is fantastic! You may be having some anxiety due to your doctor saying you have to eat more which has triggered your mind into thinking you have to eat a lot more! I’m here to tell you this is definitely normal! I’m sure so many people are so very proud of you!

notharinn OP March 26th

@Kadiedow

aww thanks so much! this really means a lot🫶🏻, i was so scared i was the only one going through this and i was beating myself for it so much😭

Kadiedow March 26th

You are not alone! Don’t worry! You may just have some anxiety! <3

Kristynsmama March 25th

@notharinn

Binge eating is a disorder that is recognized in the mental health world.  Sometimes people cross over into eating disorders I believe.  Have you considered talking to a dietician?  

notharinn OP March 26th

@Kristynsmama

well i really want to but my parents aren’t keen on letting me do that. they aren’t even recognising this as a problem and I don’t know how to tell them

but today i got a nutritionist cuz my physical health is really bad cuz I have not been feeding myself enough nutrients, shud i ask her about it??

Kristynsmama March 26th

@notharinn

what do you think you should do?  You know the situation better than anyone.  It’s difficult for me to give advice because I don’t know the whole situation.  If you want to chat privately feel free to pm me.  I’m happy to listen and help you come up with an answer that you are comfortable with.