Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

anorexia

liam91404 March 24th, 2017

plz help i want to starve myself

detachedhaley April 13th, 2017

@liam91404 hello, starving yourself is not worth it. i know it's very hard not to, but you're going to lose a little weight then gain it all back. please don't start. 💕

ErwineRommel March 25th, 2017

I hate to break it to you, but we don't give tips about that here. If you're looking for some emotional support or help, you could talk to a listener here or call a helpline in your country.

If you're thinking this sounds like a load of BS, the effects aren't BS. Starving is a trap that you can't escape from once you get in. If the mental and physical effects of starving yourself don't get you (increased risk of depression, impaired attention, thinning hair), the bullcrap from other people will, especially if you live with a conservative family. Not to mention that starving yourself is more expensive, even with insurance, with all the medical costs.

liam91404 OP March 25th, 2017

@ErwineRommel so what i die then i am good

ErwineRommel March 25th, 2017

@liam91404 Dying from starving yourself isn't quick or painless; in a sense, you are literally crumbling and falling apart, and this happens over weeks or months. If you survive it, you can permanent organ damage, which can kill even slower if not treated.

I don't know if you're in the US, you can talk to someone at 18002738255. The phone line might be trash, but it's still better than nothing and they have resources to help you.

@ErwineRommel pain is all i can feel anymore

@liam91404 my life is shit

@liam91404 my life is worthless i am a lost cause

Leoneedsupport10 April 13th, 2017

@liam91404

Hi there, Liam.

I came across this and felt like sharing a few things with you.

I know there are moments in life where we are hurt, where we feel worthless- But one thing I have come to learn is no one is worthless, not even you. We all are worth so much, each soul in this world are gems, precious gems that deserve happiness, respect, compassion and care. I am no one to tell you what to do, or what not to do. But have you considered coping with this pain in a healthier way? I remember when I used to ask people ot help me starve, it didn't make things any better for me, all it did was make things worst, until I fell to a point where it was impossible to turn things for the better. We care for you here, and you deserve all the support you can get. Feel free to connect with fantastic, heart warming listeners heart They have helped me through my tough times, sometimes just expressing your emotions and talking it through can help us understand it better and ultimately help us learn ways to cope with them.

Much love to you, sending some positive vibes your way!

Elliethejelly123 Saturday

@liam91404  hello buddy, i am going through a similar situation rn so don't worry we are all here for you

allnaturalNight50 March 26th, 2017

@liam91404 if you wanna talk leave me a message, and we can talk about why and stuff if you'd like

LeetheUnicorn April 8th, 2017

I am so sorry to hear that you are stuggling! I am here if you need anything! Remember recovery is a process and it can take a long time to get better and I am here to support you in anyway I can! Stay strong and Stay healthy

rebeccastgo January 5th

I'm genuinely concerned about your well-being. It's important to understand that deliberately starving yourself or severely restricting your food intake can be very harmful and dangerous to your health.

If you're experiencing feelings of wanting to starve yourself or are struggling with disordered eating thoughts, it's crucial to seek help and support.