Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel so scared

bubbleComputer1514 January 22nd

I feel so lonely and scared. I don’t even remember how my eating disorder started. All I know is that I was counting my calories and started decreasing them as I started to not workout as much. Now I can literally see my bones in the mirror. My mom took me to a dietitian but all the dietitian did was to tell me to eat more. Today I wore a shirt without any sleeves and my dad noticed my bones and started threatening to kick me out if I don’t start eating more. I thought my mom would help me and listen to me but all she said was “if you want to look like a monkey, do what you want. If you want to look like a human, listen to us”. I moved a couple of months ago and now I don’t have any friends at this new school that I can talk to either. I feel so lonely and feel so afraid to gain weight and I’m so scared my parents will force me to eat more. I don’t know what to do anymore. Why am I like this 

KristenHR January 22nd

@bubbleComputer1514

I'm glad that you posted.  Struggling with eating is frightening, and many others struggle with this as well.  There are programs and support groups that can help you to figure out what is happening with you and your eating. 

What does it feel like inside when you think about eating?

Has anything helped you to eat some when you need to eat but are struggling to eat?

NEDA has a list of support groups available.  https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/additional-support-groups/#statewide