Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi. Im new

mreli06 June 3rd, 2021

So when i was younger i was always super skinny for some reason and i never really noticed. I did sports and did all my nor.al things and ate a normal(almost unhealthy) diet with 3 meals a day until 6th grade. 6th grade i fell into a really bad spot and it progressed into anxiety and severe depression my 7th grade year. I started self harming and would isolate myself. But onto the topic of an eating disorder. Like i said, my 7th grade year whooped me. I remember eating a breadstick one day at lunch and my bestfriend commented "oh my god..this is the first time i have ever seen you eat" and i had been friends with her for 5 years at the time. So in school i never ate so that led me to having 1 meal and day (dinner) in 7th grade. 8th grade wasnt as bad and I started gaining a bit of weight back. In 6th grade i weighed 80-90lbs and i got up to 134-144 in 8th grade. This year when covid hit has been the hard one though. I havent ate breakfast in jearly 2 years. I eat lunch around 3 if i do get it and if i do it is something like a pack of crackers. And i eat half my dinner. This year i weighed 122-129.(it fluctuates). I know its beginning to be a problem because when i stand up or walk to the kitchen i begin to get dizzy and everything spins. When i went to track practice(this year) and jumped a hurdle, i landed and everything became dizzy and turned black. I have been consuming 400-900 calories a day. and i know thats not horrible but stillifeel the tole it has.

livelovelaugh27 June 3rd, 2021

Hi, I totally understand what you're going through. I'm not in your shoes but I have had similar issues with my eating disorder. It's normal for your weight to fluctuate when you are acting on your target behavior (restricting food). It is very important to eat three meals a day with snacks and consume even MORE calories. More calories = more energy. And when you eat regularly, this boosts your metabolism. The problem is that, for some of us, it is really difficult. Currently, I am working with my dietician to eat at least two meals a day and a snack. You can start with one full meal and work your way up. Intuitive eating is difficult; we have to start mechanically eating first. This means eating on a schedule even when you don't "feel" hungry. Your hunger cues will come with time and you won't have to schedule your meals anymore. Your body will just tell you it needs food and you will be in agreement! Your body needs all the love you can give it; it only does great things for you. See a dietician and a therapist to help you get back on track. Strangely, you probably have a lot of symptoms you might not think would associate with your eating disorder, but it does. Headaches, dizziness and fainting, GI issues, dry skin, mouth sores, the list goes on. We're here to help if you ever need anyone to listen!