Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Acceptance

Notquiteanonymous April 21st, 2016

I'm having a really hard time accepting that this is my life. One day I want recovery, one day I don't. Some days I want recovery and then something happens and it messes up my thinking to the point where I'm falling back into negative behaviors. Today is one of those days. This whole thing is just so exhausting....Im about to give up

April 21st, 2016

@Notquiteanonymous I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a rough time. I know it's hard to revert back to old thinking and ways, I always fight a internal battle inside my mind too. Please don't be hard on yourself, it's okay to have a bad day. Your feelings are valid and you're allowed to feel defeated. Just remember, your story does not end here. All storms shall pass, you just have to weather this storm and you will because you're strong. heart

Notquiteanonymous OP April 21st, 2016

@TrueArrow thanks. I know that things will get better, but this process of healing and recovery takes so long. But this whole immediate gratification and black or white thinking is part of why I'm in this position in the first place. At least this time I reached out instead of retreating inward.... Small steps I guess