Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If God makes all our faces, did he laugh when he made me

SilverMistakes January 2nd, 2023

If God made all our faces, did he laugh when he made me?

Does he make the legs that cannot walk and eyes that cannot see?

Does he curl the hair upon my head 'til it rebels in wild defiance?

Does he close the ears of a deaf man to make him more reliant?

Is the way I look a coincidence or just a twist of fate?

If he made me this way, is it okay, to blame him for the things I hate?

For the flaws that seem to worsen every time I see a mirror,

For the ugliness I see in me, for the loathing and the fear.

Does he sculpt us for his pleasure, for a reason I can't see?

If God makes all our faces, did he laugh when he made me

markzzmq January 9th, 2023

@SilverMistakes

Hi, it seems like you are feeling really sad. However, I really want to tell you that you are awesome! You are the one and only and stay positive! You are beautiful and clever. If you need any help or want to take sith somebody, feel free to contact me!

Cantquit88 January 10th, 2023

@SilverMistakes well wrote and relatable

SilverMistakes OP January 10th, 2023

@SilverMistakes PS this isn't a poem I have written. I am ever so sorry to give away that impression. It's a poem I came across in a book. I found it extremely close to my own heart. But this isn't my own creation

JustHumanThatsNotPerfect January 10th, 2023

@SilverMistakes thanks for sharing it silver, it's a wonderful poem

seashell145 January 14th, 2023

@SilverMistakes

It's a wonderful poem! <3

JustHumanThatsNotPerfect January 15th, 2023

@SilverMistakes no offence silver , but your posts aee touching. I will have to flag you for illegal mind reading!! This poem simply seems to pop up in my mind. Beautiful and hurtful at the sames time. Can I know where you got it from??

SilverMistakes OP January 15th, 2023

@JustHumanThatsNotPerfect. It's from a book, Making Faces by Amy Harmon . Inspiring but emotional too. And I post thoughts that come to my mind. And I know my mind is a tad bit crazy 🤣. What does that say about you ?😜

@SilverMistakes how did you figured it out silver!?? You know it's scary when you always read a person correctly.

@JustHumanThatsNotPerfect my pleasure human, nice name btw

@JustHumanThatsNotPerfect , went through your bio , gave away an impression that you might be a good person, true?

@SilverMistakes I try to be. But I make my share of mistakes too . So you can call me a generally well mannered law abiding citizen

@JustHumanThatsNotPerfect that a fair statement. Agreed 👍

calmMango9611 February 4th, 2023

@SilverMistakes I would suggest you might, talk to your Pastor/Minister, about this. They could shed more light on this and they might be able to give you some spiritual guidance. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get your questions answered. Remember, to stay strong and you are part of an amazing family here at 7cups, who love you, very much.❤️