Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Chronic Back Pain, and rant

ShellyZz November 27th, 2023

Wondering if anyone has any advice for back pain from scoliosis.  Not sure about others with scoliosis but mine effects not only my back but also my hips.  And the past two nights it has been radiating to my left rib cage, so every time I inhale the pain goes up, exhale goes back down.  But it hurts so much.  My doctors got me a back brace, but told me not to wear it at night.  I also have had physical therapy on and off for 17 years.  Does anyone have any advice to hopefully help the pain? 

I've had pain meds but the doctor doesn't prescribe them anymore.  I've had Ultram er a little less pain, gabapentin did nothing, tramadol a little less pain, Vicodin did the most but is hard to get a prescription for, ibuprofen 600 helps with other pain but not much if any for the back.  Pt helps a little for the day, brace helps a little too.  Tens unit can also help some but not a lot.  Cold or hot packs work a little if I can keep them on.  I also have Lidocaine patch 5%, helps a little if I can keep it on.  Sadly I'm pretty used to the back pain, but the rib pain is bothering me quite a lot. 

I'm just so tired of being in pain in general.  It also makes my depression worse since doing anything is hard.  Thanks for listening to the rant.

Tinywhisper11 November 28th, 2023

@ShellyZz hi being in constant pain really sucks doesn't it? I'm really sorry your struggling with all this pain. It's physically and mentally draining, and then yeah it starts to make mental health much harder. I don't have sclerosis, but the bottom of my spine is broken and not completely fixable, so I'm half paralysed. My legs became dead weights and they had to amputate them a few years ago. So pain can be unbearable at times. I can sympathise with you there. There are many different painkillers. I know you ve tried alot. But zapain and things like that. Maybe one more talk to the doctor may help. Gives you a giant festive tiny hug ❤❤squeezes you softly ❤❤ let's you know your not alone ❤

ShellyZz OP November 28th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11  Thank you, I'm so sorry about your back.  Gives hugs back!