Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What To Tell My Boss on Bad Days

SugarMagic March 2nd, 2021

Hello. This is my first time posting here. I have a very rare midline brain tumor that resulted in obstructive hydrocephalus. Long story short, the matter of my brain is compressed, which has resulted in executive function problems. I’m working with a psychiatrist and a therapist, but we have not had significant symptom relief yet. The biggest difficulty I have is days when my brain just won’t work with me. I get my work done and meet my deadlines, but our time sheet requires us to explain what we were doing for a total of 8 hours each day. I find I do not have 8 productive hours right now. It’s rare when I do. I struggle every day to justify that time, while becoming more anxious and falling more and more behind on time entry. I just don’t know what to do. Sometimes, I lose whole days to executive dysfunction. If anyone has advice, I would truly appreciate it.

Asher March 4th, 2021

It might be helpful to be open to them of what is going on.

SugarMagic OP March 4th, 2021

Thank you for the reply. I spoke to my boss about the issue, and we are going to try adjusting my schedule to be more flexible so I can work when times are good. With luck, that will help. :)

AffyAvo March 4th, 2021

@SugarMagic I'm glad you were able to get the flexibility, let us know how it goes!