Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

POTS

777Bre777 May 6th, 2022

Just wondering if anyone else here has POTS.

I'm newly diagnosed and still trying to get use to it. I'm already tired of people staring at me because I look normal and park in the handicap spots and have a service dog (I have a few other invisible illnesses: PTSD, adrenal fatigue and on really bad days back issues). Just wondering if anyone has any tips for a new potsy.

Thx

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 6th, 2022

Hey @777Bre777, I appreciate you inquiring about it and seeking support for the same. ❤

It can be quite challenging getting used to a new diagnosis and everything that follows, It makes me upset knowing people stare at you making you feel uncomfortable ~ having anyone to stare at us in a judgy way is ofcourse not acceptable and draining too.

I personally have no experience, but I recently was made aware about POTS through this wonderful thread by a community leader, who also shared their story and invited further thoughts and experiences to be shared. I do know it feels rather comforting to know we aren't alone and that our struggles are valid. I hope you find some comfort and useful tips that may help in easing your challenges. Sending lots of love and strength. ❤

The post I'm referring to: https://www.7cups.com/forum/DisabilitySupport_47/ArticlesResourcesConditionSpecificInformation_458/DroppingitlikeitsPOTS_273504/

Also tagging @wonderfulrainbow817 if they'd like to add something else that may be of use to you. 😊