Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dizziness

Nurul21 August 6th, 2016

I was wondering if anyone else may experience this. I have been experiencing dizziness while sleeping. Sometimes I have a dream that cause dizziness when i wake up. When I'm dizzy I'm having a sensation of whirling and a tendency to fall, feeling the ground tilts up and down like being on a boat on the waters. I find it hard to sit and watch television for a long time because i suddenly feel giddy . I have been experiencing this for more than 3 weeks already. I've been to the doctor several times and all of my blood-tests are normal. I would like to know if this is somewhat common to anyone.

RarelyCharlie August 6th, 2016

I have heard this called vertigo. You can easily find information about it on the Internet, but the information is confusing because there are so many conditions that can cause it. Not all of the conditions would show up in blood tests.

For example, one of them is that for some reason tiny crystals can form in your inner ear, which controls your sense of balance. When your head is in certain positions the crystals move around and confuse your brain, which thinks everything is whirling round until the crystals settle. But this is only one of the causes I have read about. I don't know whether it applies to you.

I myself have experienced vertigo a couple of times, but it didn't last long and I have no idea what caused it.

Your doctor is the best person to help you with this. If you have wider concerns about things I hope you will have found listeners here who were able to understand. If you'd like to chat with me about all this, feel free to send me a message.

@Nurul21

Nurul21 OP August 6th, 2016

@RarelyCharlie Thank you so much for the reply. I did suspect it's vertigo, the doctor gave me an appointment at the end of this month. Its a long wait, and i hope to recover soon :-)