Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Autism and getting tested?

adaptablePenguin4371 July 30th, 2022

I have autism, and I’ve been diagnosed only a couple months ago meaning I’ve developed a lot of other things due to well my undiagnosed autism. This means I’ve had to drop out of school and I hoped I’d be able to start school again after the summer break but my parents decided I needed a longer break (a lot of traumatic things happened at home which caused more mental distress) and my mom contacted some people and told me i had e to do a type of testing to see how disabled I am(?) I’m honestly not sure. From what I understood it’s to see if I need special papers for cheaper taxis instead of public transport so I won’t be overstimulated once I’m at school, or if I need papers to be allowed to go to school less and study partly at home, or if I can get a permit to a service dog since dogs especially help on how I’m feeling (I already kinda have a dog, but she’s 12 and too old to well become a service dog), my mom also talked about maybe getting a sunflower band. Anyway I don’t know how this works around the world, but does anyone know what tools they might give autistic people so it’s easier to live “normally”? And what is it like to have a sunflower band? I’m scared that if I wear one people will get mean and target me, it’s kinda the same with a service dog since I’m not visibly disabled. What are your experiences?

Happy900 July 30th, 2022

@adaptablePenguin4371 I am so very sorry to here this.

As fair as testing, I do not know.

I hope you can get a guide dog very soon.

I wish you the best, as you try to get transportation to and from school.

I also hope you can return to school soon.

FrenchMarbles July 31st, 2022

@adaptablePenguin4371

Here is the link for the service dogs for autism

I know from experience that service dogs can be life-changing and I wish you the best!

adaptablePenguin4371 OP July 31st, 2022

Thank you I’ll make sure to read about it ❤️