Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I dont know anymore

Elconfundido March 14th

so hello my name is Dani im a guy (idk what i am doing) i have something called charge syndrom and due to the fact that u dont know how to explain it ill google it so rare genetic disorder that affects various aspects of the body. It was first described in 1979, and the acronym “CHARGE” represents the congenital features associated with this syndrome:

• Coloboma of the eye
  • Heart defects
  • Atresia of the nasal choanae (also known as choanal atresia)
  • Restricted growth and/or development
  • Genital and/or urinary abnormalities
  • Ear abnormalities and deafness

These features are no longer used for diagnosing CHARGE syndrome, but the name persists. Approximately two-thirds of cases are attributed to mutations in the CHD7 gene. im also weaker and slower then the average human so thats fun but the thing is i hate this thing absolutky hate it i cant be in boxing even though i love it and my cousins make fun of me i wish i had a new body a working functional body but when tell or show a slight annoyance at my body my parents call me useless and ungrateful how am i supposed to feel? am i really ungratful? sure other people have it worse i get that but this makes me weak are my feelings even valid?

MistyMagic March 15th

@Elconfundido Welcome Dani to 7 Cups, and the Disability Support Community! I hope you find support and enjoyment here. 
Of course your feelings are valid, but I do understand why you might feel that they are not and so doubt yourself. 
Thank you for telling us more about yourself. I look forward to reading more of your posts :)

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Elconfundido OP March 15th

Thanks for the support! ð«¶âºï¸

AffyAvo March 23rd

@Elconfundido I think we can always find someone worse and always find someone better off in one way or another.

Frustration and wanting something different are valid! Personally I find I need to allow the negative thoughts and feelings at times and even some fill on pity parties to cope. I'm trying my best to nt dwell or stick too much with those down times and to find the right balance with genuine positivity. 

Have you found what helps you cope best?