Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello my colorblind pals!

Emm22 April 1st

Hello my colorblind folks! I love matching my outfits and seeing what other people can see and to be able to know what color everyone sees the world in. But I am colorblind. I use apps but as If right now. They aren't really working...they are mostly in colors I have never heard of. And i find it embarrassing to always ask my friends because I don't want to seem "attention seeking" so! If anyone has any app recommendations please please let me know!

Tinywhisper11 April 2nd

@Emm22 I don't use any other sites other than this one. Why would your friends find it attention s eeking? It's not exactly a nice disability to have bless you, but at least your trying, to work this out in your own way, which deserves a huge shout out for bravery. Your not shy of your illness ❤ we need more people like you ❤ can you see any colours at all?? Or tell any from different shades?? I'm not sure how, but I would be honoured to help you in any way I can with this ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤

Emm22 OP April 2nd

Alot of the times they think its hilarious to ask what color things are. I can see a few colors! I can't tell the difference between shades of a color. And purple and blue, (yellow,green,blue), (purple,blue,black), (red, orange,pink)

And pink and purple. Those are color combinations I struggle with but there are more.

MistyMagic April 2nd

@Emm22 Hi! I have a family member who is colour blind. Traffic lights used to be the hardest thing to figure out until they realised that they could still see which light was lit, ie Red is at the top, orange, middle, and green bottom. 
Interesting idea about an app, I will ask them and see what they say :)

Listening - One Step At A Time! - Written with no AI!

Emm22 OP April 2nd

I can only see the green. On a stoplight. So I'm thankful for that. I use 2 apps but recently they've been acting up! So thank you so much!

AffyAvo April 3rd

The only app I know of offhand is Be My Eyes.

It pairs people with a visual impairment with a volunteer.

I would guess for colour there's probably other options that don't require anoher person to help, but I'm not familiar with them. 

Emm22 OP April 3rd

Ok, thank you!