Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Coming To Terms...

JessicaBreese April 1st

Hi Although I Don't Have A Major Disability I Struggle Walking, Standing, Sitting, Just About Anything Involving Your Legs

I Have Always Had Trouble Walking Straight And Was Always In The Back Of The Class When Running During PE

I Thought My Pain, Swelling And Crooked Foot Were "Normal".

It Wasn't Until I Was 11 That I Realized Something Was A Miss My Mother Had No Clue Up Until That Point Either.

I May Not Be Able To Move The Way I Want Or Live Without Some Forum Of Pain Or Discomfort But I Refuse To Let It Stop Me From Moving My Legs And Making The Most Of An Uncomfortable Situation.

Despite Having A Constant Reminder Like My Brace Or Pain Reliever's I'd Like To Think I'm As Normal As The Next Person When It Comes To Mobility.

I've Always Been Hard Headed And Refuse To Take No For An Answer, So Despite My Issues I Always Forced My Self To Do Things Most Have Said I Couldn't Do, I May Not Walk Or Move Right But I Try To Move/Walk As Much As Possible And That's Enough For Me To Realize I Can 😊

Tinywhisper11 April 1st

@JessicaBreese good for you ❤❤ keep going as long as you possibly can ❤❤your an inspiring lady ❤ 

I have worked so hard to be able to pick up a pencil and create art. Now I'm pretty good at it, and as  long as I can I'll fight through the pain and keep doing the things I love ❤❤❤ this post brought a smile to my face and heart ❤ thankyou ❤

AffyAvo April 2nd

Welcome to disability support!

I think it's helpful to remind myself that we are all different and I just focus on what's working for me and I try to not be too hard on myself - some days more successfully than others.

I'm glad you have accepted yourself!

MistyMagic April 2nd

@JessicaBreese Hi Jessica, nice to meet you :)  You sound a very brave young lady, with a good logical view of life. What is 'normal'? That is the question, I think our own personal 'normal' changes with life circumstances and age and we need to be kind to ourself, practicing self-care and self-love too. But, it can be difficult. You have come to the right community to share with us!

Listening - One Step At A Time! - Written with no AI!