Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Autism and Odd Interests

biggiecute November 22nd, 2022

Hello! I see that there are many groups and threads on 7cups for people with Autism, but I have yet to see a space where people can discuss their odd or unusual interests/hyperfixations.

I have a strong obsession with anatomy, neurobiology, and other things related to the medical field. If you share an interest in these or have other odd interests, feel free to talk about them below!

innateJoy9602 November 22nd, 2022

@biggiecute

That's a great idea. It's nice to make a space for people with Autism to discuss their interest! That's interesting that you are interested to things in the medical field! Do you have a specific favorite branch of neurobiology? Such as behavioral, developmental, etc.. 💜

GirlOnlineIRL November 22nd, 2022

@biggiecute My hyperfixations tend to change around a lot but the currents ones I love are fun facts about the behind the scenes stuff for theme parks (Disney is especially a goldmine since it's so big and old) and the kid's show Miraculous Ladybug. Miraculous especially is a recent one because I started the show when I was sick over the summer but the theme park one has been going on since the pandemic started. Anyone I'm closed to knows more information than they probably want to know about both topic because I won't shut up about them.

GirlOnlineIRL November 22nd, 2022

@GirlOnlineIRL *both topics apologies!

tranquilMoon1757 December 8th, 2022

@biggiecute We do discuss some of these topics in the support chats we not have available :) Just letting you and others know we have Autism support in the Support Plus Community and will have a Support Chat on 12/21 8pm EST if you or anyone else would like to join!

https://www.7cups.com/forum/SupportPlus_205/General_2453/December2022SupportChatScheduleandUpdates_292698/