Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Join The Disability Support Community Team!

MistyMagic March 5th

🌞⭐️WANTED! -WANTED! - WANTED!⭐️🌞

Join the:-

Disability Support Community Team

Hey everyone!

You may have seen me around the community, posting, replying, and leading discussions. 

@AffyAvo and I are looking to grow the Team more now and expand! The Disability Support Community is an inclusive community, a positive space of support for people with chronic pain, disabilities, chronic illnesses, and impairments. Even if you don't have a disability/struggle with any impairments, you are still welcome to learn and be educated about different medical conditions such as autism, POTS, hearing impairments, cerebral palsy, etc.

7 Cups is all about providing and giving support as a Listener and sharing and receiving support as a Member. Please respect these boundaries.

We are looking for lots of new team members to help us to do this so if you are interested and have some time to spare then please have a read of the following opportunities. Any questions just let me know or answer here in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

You must be with the community for at least a month before joining any leadership roles.

Forum Supporter

Role- A forum supporter is a leader who focuses on 1 or 2 communities and maintains engagement in the forums by posting and replying to threads with compassion and support. This role requires zero behavior points. You will also need to have been actively posting in the community before applying.

Requirements for members:

25+ forum upvotes
25+ forum posts
Make 10+ forum posts per month
Taken the Member Oath

Requirements for listeners:

Verified Listener
25+ forum upvotes
25+ forum posts
Make 10+ forum posts per month
Taken the Listener Community Guide & Listener Oath

Click here to apply! *NEW Multi-role Application form Here*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Community Mentor (Teen Community Star)

Role- You’re a good fit for the Community Mentor/Teen Star role if you’re passionate about growing and developing a certain community. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the activity and safety in your chosen area, moderating all of the posts, and you’ll work closely with Forum Supporters and Project Agents to bring supportive posts and events daily.

Requirements:
Age 15 or older
Verified Listener Badge (Applicable to listeners only)
one month as a Forum Supporter
50+ chats
50+ forum posts
50+ forum upvotes
Provide links to 3 forum threads written by you

Apply here! *NEW Multi-role Application form Here*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chatroom Moderator (Listeners Only)

Role- As a moderator in the group support room, you will be creating and maintaining a supportive and positive community culture in the member chatrooms.

Requirements:
25+ group chats
2000+ cheers
4 or higher overall star rating on Listener profile
3+ written reviews
Have Verified Listener Badge and Graduate Badge
No behavior reports in the past 3 months
Been a Listener for at least 6 weeks
Been a Room Supporter for at least 2 weeks

Click here to apply!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Room Supporter (Members)

Role- A member leader who creates the desired environment they feel comfortable in and make the room more welcoming for both members and listeners.

Responsibilities:
To take part in community building with members, listener room supporters and moderators of the room.
To create a kind, compassionate and supportive environment in group support
To support members in the room through active listening skills adjusted for a group support setting
To communicate with the rest of the support team
To offer feedback and suggestions to team leaders

Requirements:
Friendly Face Badge
Been a member for at least 4 weeks
Have completed the Compassion Course

Click here to apply!

-------------------------------------------------

Room Supporter (Listeners)

Role- A room supporter is a listener who has been trained to support members in a group support setting and is integrated into the support team.

Responsibilities:
To take part in community building with members, listener room supporters and moderators of the room.
To create a kind, compassionate and supportive environment in group support
To support members in the room through active listening skills adjusted for a group support setting
To communicate with the rest of the support team
To offer feedback and suggestions to team leaders

Responsibilities:
Listener in the community for one month
1 written review + star rating of at least 3
Be willing to send at least 50+ messages per month in your chosen group support room

Click here to apply!

Don't forget to join the Disability Support Community tag list here in this thread

AffyAvo March 5th

Thanks @MistyMagic!

We look forward to having people join us!

Kristynsmama March 9th

@MistyMagic. I have been wanting to apply for forum supporter at least but I just applied for CML for grief & loss.  I’m sure @tommy isn’t going to want me to take on another forum role so soon esp since I just became a PA.  But please know disability subcommunity is next!  

MistyMagic OP May 2nd

We are recruiting so please think about joining the Team!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

@MistyMagic I work in disability and mental health in my everyday life - I run my own business as a Counsellor who can get creative with her clients.