Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

keppra

444tears November 9th, 2022

ive got epilepsy of course from the title you can tell that and that i take keppra but i feel like im losing myself. i told my neurologist about it and he said it causes weakness thats normal, but im angry. im feeling so angry. the dizziness, tiredness, weakness, im just sad and angry. even with it im having the seizures yes im grateful for it its reduced them but i cant drive, i dont have a job, im constantly being hospitalized for eegs weeks at a time. since last month ive been there 3 times. im at the hospital more than i am at home. ive got no money and i cant focus, do things that normal people my age do. i just dont know anymore.

AffyAvo November 10th, 2022

@444tears Welcome!

It can feel so defeating when a health issue takes over so much where you're in the hospital so much and not able to just live like other people your age.

We're here for you!

444tears OP November 11th, 2022

thank you so much

theboymoana November 10th, 2022

My epilepsy very bad to understand:( take 4 medicine some two times a day if only take one medicine would not help need mix of them your neurologist suppose to know better how to try things :(

444tears OP November 11th, 2022

i have to mix too and this keppra as grateful i am for it bc its better than the others i just am so over it

biggiecute November 22nd, 2022

@444tears

I have Autism and Epilepsy. I was taking Keppra, and it made me so depressed and angry. I do NOT recommend taking these medications if they are giving you these side effects. I strongly recommend that you consult with your neurologist about taking a different medication. Tell him that you are uncomfortable with the symptoms, and that the side effects are a detriment to your mental health. If he does not listen, try your best to find a new neurologist.

When I would have seizures regularly, (they're much better now), I was in the hospital and/or recovering from my seizures more often than not. I am also in college, so this got in the way of my academic success and my systems/routines that I had put in place. It was agonizing, and I was hospitalized for my mental health because of the adverse side effects of Keppra. I almost took my life, but switching my medications has made things so much easier for me.

I promise that there are a number of medications available for Epilepsy. I hope that you have the opportunity to try them, and see how they benefit you and make you feel.

I wish you well!