Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly check-in for June 28th - July 4th

JoyousBear June 30th, 2021

Hi disability community,

Summer is here and time of vacations too. I hope that it will be relaxing and joyful time for you.

Here is a video on how to see ability in disability:

https://www.ted.com/talks/laura_whitaker_the_dandelion_shift_seeing_the_ability_in_disability

Check-in questions:

1. Do you see any abilities in your disability?

2. How are things going for you this week?

3. What do you wish to get improved?

If you would like to add/remove yourself from our automatic taglist, please click HERE

Taglist:

@adequatelyInadequate @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @Arsalanahmed @Ashleylovescats @Averayne93 @Azalea98 @azuladragon34 @BeyondTheInvisible @BlindGrapefruit @bouncyVoice4149 @Breezy2013 @CaringBrit @CheeryPotato @CheerySandi @Colorfulcatsofhope @considerateParadise6717 @Disneywoman @DoISayIt @DylanMark @Edobre399 @Emiliako @Fireskye13 @friendlyEars8792 @goldenSpruce1512 @InfiniteThoughts2k19 @jovialButterfly6752 @JoyfulUnicorn @JoyIntoDarkness @K87 @killaj0ule @lightTriangle7748 @LikeABirdWithoutWings @lovelySun2900 @LoveMyRotty @magnifiedfaith @MikuoniandBlueCheese @MistyMagic @mnhtx3 @moosprbrk @MyNameIsNicole @NaomiR @NevaehRose @OneErased @Pixiechu @PotFullOfSky2020 @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @redGrapes1822 @Redheadmadeofglitter94 @repen13 @sabeyesofblue3535 @SmolBurrahobbit12 @specialPurple1582 @StarsOrchidsOwls @sunshinegiraffe123 @TimidBear @u2canwin @wahmbrenda @WeedyGarden

confidentangel2369 July 1st, 2021

HELLO

JoyousBear OP July 1st, 2021

@confidentangel2369 Hello and welcome to 7cups.

wheelad July 1st, 2021

Welcome

JoyousBear OP July 4th, 2021

@wheelad welcome to 7cups. I hope that you will find a lot of support here in 7cups.

TomatoEmi July 1st, 2021

1. I don't see any abilities in my disability. 2. Things are going alright this week, little bit sad that my summer vacation is already half done. 3. I hope my hearing wouldn't lose more

@TomatoEmi It must be very difficult to cope with your disability while hoping that it won't get worse. It can be very upsetting when you can expect worsening at any time. I am glad that your vacation is going ok.

wonderfulRainbow817 July 2nd, 2021

@gentleSun78
1. Do you see any abilities in your disability? Having a variety of talents and limits in a workforce is called ability and disability diversity. It is so important to recognize the abilities we do have while we still have them. For me my ability can be the fact that I am able to walk still. I have the ability to decide how I fight through each day. My favorite quote is from Lance Armstrong, "We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell" It is the ability that I have and I make the most of it each day because it isn't a guarantee that tomorrow will be just as good or better.

2. How are things going for you this week? I am doing well this week. I have struggled with my pain management but overall it could always be worse so I consider this week good.

3. What do you wish to get improved? I wish to improve my pain management. My pain is going to be there but if I can learn to manage it better life would be a lot easier. It is an area in my life that I can control so it is vital I take control of it now before it gets worse.

I am glad that you can recognize your abilities. It must be very hard for you to deal and cope with pain. Pain can be very frustrating experience which can wreak havoc on quality on someone's life.

Penguin83 July 3rd, 2021

Hey guys. Had a hard week. Just trying to make it through. Just keep telling myself each day will get better

@Penguin83 It must be very hard for you. I am glad that you have a good coping mechanism. Positive self talk is very useful in motivating self to go through hard moments of the life.

confidentangel2369 July 3rd, 2021

Hello everyone I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing

@confidentangel2369 I am doing ok. Thanks.

joyousHug4511 July 5th, 2021

Happy Monday!

wonderfulRainbow817 July 6th, 2021

Happy Monday as well! So glad the day is over

joyousHug4511 July 7th, 2021

Happy Wednesday!

Breezy2013 July 10th, 2021

1. Do you see any abilities in your disability? Well, I am pursuing a bachelor in Psychology and getting straight A's, so maybe I am more competent than those around me have led me to believe.

2. How are things going for you this week?
Not good, Disability I think has gotten wind of my schooling since they are doing a review. I can not take an onsite job, it will need to be work from home under supervision due to other physical aspects of my disability, so I am not exactly sure what kind of stunt they are about to try to pull with my benefits.

3. What do you wish to get improved?

I want to get this review done, over with, and out of the way, and if they force me to return to work, find a home-based job I will be able to do.