Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Check-in 10 - 17 June 2024

MistyMagic June 10th

Hey everyone!

This week in the UK is Carers Week!

AD_4nXf5jgi4uuzApCcShsmHrwf5_CPzm_mwvhYrPdyjL0S8WdIDQf25mWz7Y2slPzJPI0vtH_aOFp57dX8t5WnpTKc6LFF7pHGnmT4gwbgyl-eP5vsr0E1oDVHehyLN2YGkXzzSumhfp4G1FFgTah5XrDxWo5cq?key=stHzKuUCvf-0C8B_KuWD8g

A week where we celebrate all that our carers do for us. Did you know there are over 5.7 million unpaid carers across the UK? They vary from young people to the elderly, often family caring for family! 
So I was thinking about how we can care for our carers. What can we do to show them appreciation and love for all they do for us? So many of us have special carers, people who are nurses or specially trained assistants with a key skill set.

💛If you were a carer what would you like to be given as a special treat?

💙If you have a carer think about how you might care for them, or if you don't have a special carer then imagine what your answer might be.

💚What are your plans for this coming week? 

💜Would you prefer a cup of coffee, tea, or a cold drink like homemade lemonade or a smoothie?

love-heart.gif

MistyMagic OP June 10th

For anyone interested in being Interviewed about their disability or condition, there is a form https://forms.gle/MZ1df1FWtJYHQvuy9  to express your interest in being interviewed as well as volunteering to interview someone else, or just om me!

Catch up with other Interviews Here in our Master List!

Want to join the Disability Support Community Team? Find out more Here

Add or Remove yourself from the taglist here   @777Bre777 @adaptableOcean4193 @adaptablePomegranate1587 @adequatelyInadequate @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @agreeableTurtle1021 @AguaNector6700 @amusingTalker1267 @Aqua1494 @Arsalanahmed @Ashleylovescats @AttentiveEar @audienta @AutiBoy @Averayne93 @azuladragon34 @BacktotheTrail @BeyondTheInvisible @BlindGrapefruit @blissfulTouch29 @Bndonovan02 @bouncyBreeze44 @bouncyVoice4149 @Breezy2013 @cal1860 @CaringBrit @CheeryPotato @CheerySandi @ChildGoddessFlute @Chloe1644 @cinnamoncocoa @CocoaCassie @Colorfulcatsofhope @communicativePond1728 @considerateBunny7436 @Countrygirl095 @crystallizedrequiem @Daisy7cups @DichotomousDetia @disneymoonlight @Disneywoman @DoISayIt @DonaldK @DylanMark @Edobre399 @Emiliako @emotionalTalker2260 @enthusiasticOwl866 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @fairmindedWater1140 @Fireskye13 @FrenchMarbles @friendlyEars8792 @goldenSpruce1512 @IcedCoffee211109 @IndigoWhisper @InfiniteThoughts2k19 @Jamesjones10123 @Jewels012222 @jovialButterfly6752 @JoyfulUnicorn @JoyIntoDarkness @K87 @kenzixo @killaj0ule @Kittibear @KuhnDisabled101 @kwheelz @lightTriangle7748 @LikeABirdWithoutWings @lovelycoacoa @lovelySun2900 @LoveMyRotty @magnifiedfaith @ManinblacK @MartianGirl347 @MeaningfulSilence @Meowsicle @MistyMagic @mnhtx3 @modestHickory2783 @modestOcean1286 @moosprbrk @MyNameIsNicole @NaomiR @NevaehRose @NotKhan2 @NovaIsNB @Ofenkartoffel @OneErased @PerfectHarmony10 @philosophicalAcai7803 @pinkbunnywabbit @Pixiechu @placidMoth @Plantsaremybestfriends @Poppia @PotFullOfSky2020 @rainbowVibes @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @redGrapes1822 @Redheadmadeofglitter94 @repen13 @reservedCat9143 @RiggsMortis @sabeyesofblue3535 @Seachele @SmolBurrahobbit12 @SparklyCat @specialPurple1582 @StarsOrchidsOwls @stuffiessytem @sunshinegiraffe123 @tearstruck @theboymoana @TimidBear @TomatoEmi @turquoiseHemlock900 @u2canwin @wahmbrenda @Walker7957 @WeedyGarden @WishUponAStar968 @wonderfulRainbow817 @xandia @Xisle @Zed786

Listening - One Step At A Time!

AffyAvo June 11th

💛If you were a carer what would you like to be given as a special treat?

Going out and doing something fun with people I care about would be really nice! For edible treats baklava is a favourite!

💙If you have a carer think about how you might care for them, or if you don't have a special carer then imagine what your answer might be.

The amount of help I need from my husband fluctuates. Lately there's very little he has done with my medical care. He has been helping in other ways though, running errants, helping me with gardening, etc. He tends to avoid talking about feelings, that's something where I do nudge, sometimes quite a bit and I've also encourage therapy after he experienced some difficult things. I encourage him to do fun things, hang out with his friends. When I was recovering from a medical procedure I couldn't be left alone. My mom came up to help, so he could work but he also got a break to do things like going to a bake sale.

💚What are your plans for this coming week? 

Supporting a friend after her dad died, involves a road trip. Will try to sneak in some visits too. When I'm home getting my garden set up for summer! I'm late planting but it's almost done!

💜Would you prefer a cup of coffee, tea, or a cold drink like homemade lemonade or a smoothie?

Smoothie!

MistyMagic OP June 11th

@AffyAvo Thanks for replying. It sounds like you have a wonderful husband and a wonderful carer too.  I am late with my gardening too, it has been so rainy here and the weather has just not been playing ball with the idea of planting seeds or seedlings.

A smoothie? Hmm what flavors, do you ever use things like kale or spinach? Carrot is really sweet in a smoothie!

Listening - One Step At A Time!