Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

July Check In

AffyAvo June 27th

We're changing things up and will be trying monthly check-ins instead of weekly check in threads. You are welcome to post multiple times though!

MistyMagic and I will both be on a break, @Sunisshiningandsoareyou will be around in the community for the week and I'm a bit when I'm away.

Once I'm back I will host some events for Disability Pride Month!

Warning - the below GIF changes images fairly rapidly.

hello-july-july.gif

[Text reading Hello July with various summer scenes being displayed]

What are your plans for July?

How are you feeling?

What would you like to share with us?

@AffyAvo

Oh thank you for the tag and update, Affy. Monthly check-ins sound great!

Have a great break, y'all.❤

I hope july treats everyone with more kindness!🌻

Tinywhisper11 June 27th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thanks for taking over while they are on a break ❤ I love you sunny boo

Tinywhisper11 June 27th

@AffyAvo my goals for july, is to not let myself  spiral into deep depression. I normally do this time of year😥 it's my sons 13th birthday at the end of july, I guess it triggers lots of things, but depression won't win this year ❤

physically struggling to. Being half paralysed, and with my sound not completely fixable, I can't sit up unless I'm wearing this huge brace with thick metal splints in, it covers most of my back and stomach. In this weather it gets so hot when it's on, but I can only lie down without it😥 anyways something clicked in my back when my carers was taking it off last night. I've been in so much pain since. Heat, pain, struggling mentally. I just want to sit and cry all day, but I'm not going to. I'll keep my head up and fight through ❤

sorry about the complaining

@Tinywhisper11

Oh noes, Lolabean, struggling both emotionally and physically takes such a toll.😔

How is the pain due to the clicks now? I know you're constantly in pain :( but so so hope it gets better for you. Do medicines and resting help ease pain a bit?❤ *gentle hugs*

You've been soooo resilient and strong, always putting on a brave face and smiling through the vvv difficult pains you're in. 

I'm super duper proud of you for trying your best to not spiral into a deep depression, and for not letting depression win this year, but please remember you're only hooman trying to cope with the psychical challenges and mental wounds, it's okie to feel triggered and lose your grip on holding strong when all of the emotions come rushing together. Allow yourself to be gentle with yourself and treat yourself kindly. Taking it one moment at a time and believing you're gonna make it through the toughest of times.

We can try hoping, and continue trying our best, yes?❤

You are superrr loved, Lolabeaniee. So many of us here are always ready to support you, sit with you, hug you and be there with you. ❤

Thinking of you and your lil angel in heaven. ❤

Sending big hugs and lots of love. I love you too!🤗❤

slowdecline48 July 2nd

Plans: Mainly building a baseboard for my bicycle trailer. I bought it used in late 2019...an old Burleigh trailer. (It originally looked sorta like a threadbare version of this one) I cut off all the fabric right after buying it but that was all, up to now. The plan is at least one plywood board, reinforced with slats across the underside, with holes throughout so as to let water drain from it & as tie-down points to attach to the trailer frame (& for cargo). Basically I bought an old trailer for cycling moms; after much procrastination I'm converting it into the bike equivalent of a truck bed. It will be good for groceries & moving small loads relatively quickly.

One thing I wish I knew how to do: motorize it. If there was some way to put an electric motor on the trailer, that would be great for a boost whenever I'm pedaling uphill or need sudden speed...

Feeling: Physically, the usual. Mentally I've been pretty great the last couple weeks. My journal explains why.

slowdecline48 July 2nd

Forgot to include the link

slowdecline48 July 8th

Also: finding something I need/want & closing a deal to get it.

AffyAvo OP July 12th

@slowdecline48 The bike sounds cool, I have no clue about a motor, wondering if people who use e-bikes have ever added something to the trailer too?

Good luck with the item hunt & deal closing!