Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

support

candyclouds445 September 18th

Hi my name is candyclouds445 and I am new to 7cups. recently my grandma is in hospice and she is going to be put on meds so that she can't remember us I'm seeing her with my boyfriend before that point but ever since I heard the news I feel sad and lonely but I hope that this group gives me comfort and support that I need at this time. 

RedWell September 22nd

@candyclouds445

Even if she forgets you sometimes, know that she can feel the LOVE that you bring, and you are very unselfish for bringing her your love. Imagine your granddaughter when you are 85 years old, imagine if she came to visit you, and your body didn't work like you wanted it to anymore, but deep in your heart how happy you would be that your granddaughter would visit you. That's how your grandma feels deep inside.

I will pray for you too that God and Jesus bless you with peace and happiness for your kindness and love that DOES make a difference. 

candyclouds445 OP September 23rd

Okay thank you I saw her this evening so I really appreciate it.

WhiteAura9 September 25th

@candyclouds445

I’m really sorry to hear about your grandma’s situation. It’s completely normal to feel sad and lonely right now. Watching someone you love face such a difficult time can bring up a lot of emotions, and it's understandable to feel overwhelmed by grief and uncertainty.

Spending time with your grandma before these changes can be a precious opportunity to create meaningful moments. Allow yourself to feel whatever comes up—whether it’s grief, nostalgia, or even love. It’s important to acknowledge these feelings as valid parts of your experience.

You’re not alone in this; it’s okay to lean on your boyfriend for support. Sharing how you’re feeling with him might help you feel less isolated. It can be comforting to express your emotions and reflect on the memories you cherish with your grandma.

Take time for self-care during this period. Engaging in activities that soothe you, like writing, walking, or even just sitting quietly, can provide some comfort. Remember, it's okay to grieve in your own way and at your own pace. Allow yourself to process these feelings; they are part of honoring the love you have for your grandma.

candyclouds445 OP September 25th

Thank you