Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Taking steps to talk about my feelings

aquaCat5314 December 6th, 2019

Im 39 come from a family where feelings were not discussed and people suffering from mental illness were just referred to as crazy. My husband though he loves me has no compassion towards people suffering depression.

So needless to say the only people that know are a friend I play a game online with, my neighbour who I told when we were both very drunk so she might not remember, and a couple days ago I finally got the courage to tell my family doctor. I thought maybe it was just related to my hypothyroidism. It seems I might have moderate/severe depression and anxiety. My doctor prescribed me some pills and suggested maybe I try this app as I dont think I could find time or even talk to a therapist face to face.

Im still trying to figure out this app.

Jem7Cups April 4th, 2020

@aquaCat5314

It's so brave that you've been so beautifully candid. I'm sorry you've not received any responses yet. This app is a busy place and things can get lost quite easily πŸ˜”

How are you getting on now? Better I hope 😊

Jem πŸ’œ

aquaCat5314 OP April 18th, 2020

@Jem7Cups

Have been up and down. Stopped taking the pills late December even though they were helping because I could not take the added stress about not telling my husband about them and an upcoming trip that I did not think I could hide them for, so after a bad cold were I had been forgetting to take them just never started again. Also stopped using this app early December as I would get too frustrated after typing out a response the app would kick me out and I would have to start again. I was feeling better for a while.

Back trying the app as I'm not dealing with life well.