Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Loss of interest

Lindsaygirl29 March 4th, 2020

I have lost interest in everything I used to love doing as hobbies/coping skills/relaxing for the day. I no longer enjoy them at all because of my depression and then I get angry because I used to love doing these things! Idk what to do!

toughCircle8376 March 8th, 2020

@Lindsaygirl29

I will share my own experience and I hope it will help a bit.

I had the same problem last year and I am having it a bit now. I was constantly trying to be active, trying out new hobbies because trying to do something was better than just doing nothing and feeling bad. And I knew I couldn't change my feelings by doing the same things. For me, it helped when I was hanging out with friends and reading a positive, relaxing story before going to bed. And I needed some medicine that affects my hormones and nervous system. I didnt have money for pills, so I was drinking a certain type of tea that helps with depression, every day.

Maybe even more important is sharing your feelings with others, gaining support and being patient with yourself. That kind of state was shocking for me and what I most needed was hugs and peace. Not even feeling good, but calming down and feeling peaceful. A meditation app helped me with that. There is always a solution and a treatment that will help you.

I was mostly doing what I had to do instead of what I love to do in life, and suppressing my feelings so I think that's why depression appeared.

toughCircle8376 March 8th, 2020

@Lindsaygirl29

Also depression doesn't define you, it's a health problem you need to work on, but don't think it's something that controls you. You can overcome it.

It's not your fault and instead of being angry with yourself try to imagine what would a close friend say to you when you aren' t feeling well.