Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hello

AnnaDewitt August 14th, 2019

Hi everyone, I've been a member on this site for a while and after struggling for a long time finally went to the doctors this year and was diagnosed with depression. I don't know what to do now though, I have a 'diagnosis' but nothing has changed. If anything things have gotten worse. My job was definitely a driving force in the deteriation of my mental health, my boss would call me out for seeming 'unhappy' and 'seemingly depressed' but instead of trying to help told me it was having a negative effect on them as they could see I was unhappy and that I needed to sort it out. On the day I tried to confide to my boss about things and tell them I was going to see my GP they essentially told me I should leave the company - which I did. Now I have no job, and feel utterly hopeless and broken. I keep reading articles about how getting out of a job that is destroying your mental health is the right thing to do, but I'm struggling to see that now. I suffered years of unfair treatment, misery and bullying at that place, yet I feel like I would sooner be enduring that again then in the situation I am in.

Jem7Cups April 7th, 2020

@AnnaDewitt

Your boss should've acted more professionally, considering you'd just be diagnosed with depression. If it were me, I would've reported them! That's not how a boss should behave. How are you doing these days? Better I hope ❤

Jem 💜