Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Better late than sorry

Brokendove1990 April 2nd, 2020

Nice to meet you all! I hope we can manage to better ourselves little by little.

I'm 30 years old and on a stable relationship with the most outstanding person in the universe. I have a job that pays slightly higher than the minimum wage,I have a pet,a house...and yet...

I find myself exceedingly drained both mentally and physically all the time although my job ain't taxing. My partner is supportive and yet I find myself upset over tribal things,being unfair with them against my will. In short,I suspect I'm depressed. Probably since a long time ago,I recall going to a psychologist when I was around 12 or 15 years old. Same story as many, bullying victim mixed with an academic career taking a dive. I sustained I didn't want to go back to school anymore,but of course that wasn't a choice. I landed my career of choice,yet I'm undervalued if valued at all at my workplace. As hardships have come and gone from point A to B I genuinely believed I was becoming "stronger" as mom hoped for. I now recognize however that I am completely devoid of energy or emotions. I still have feelings, I want to look after my loved ones,I want to keep a tidy house,I want to DO things on my free time. Genuinely finish a project for once. Yet as fazed, concerned,worried,scared, excited,etc. as I may feel about the matter at hand I don't find my mind following along. Any of you mixed up the process of becoming depressed as "becoming strong?"

Jem7Cups April 3rd, 2020

Hey @Brokendove1990,

I don't think I've ever mixed these two processes up. But it doesn't mean that no-one has. I hope someone has an answer for this.

Honestly, in my opinion, it sounds to me like you're experiencing a bout of depression. Given the times we're currently in, it would not surprise me. The good news is that you're still feeling excitement and other positives feelings, as well as negative ones. Some would say that this is bad (feeling negative ones), but actually it isn't. What would be worrying is if you were constantly feeling numb!

If I were you, I'd contact your GP and tell them how you're feeling. You deserve to get to the bottom of why your emotions are all over the place. I hope this helps you.

Jem 💜

Brokendove1990 OP April 6th, 2020

@Jem7CupsThank You so much. I'm still getting the hang of everything concerning the site but I will contact my GM. And thanks for listening <3