Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

dropping out of highschool

sadglitterbug March 15th, 2022

I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I can't even get out of bed, go to school, shower, brush my teeth, or do any school work anymore. The medication I've been using for more than 8 months (lexapro) hasn't done anything even after increasing the dosage. I'm so useless now, I'm constantly tired and fatigued and I can't even do simple tasks such as going up or down the stairs. I've had so many failed suicide attempts that even suicide seems hopeless now. Now I'm just mostly stuck in my bed crying and sleeping all day. I've missed many weeks of school and now I have to decide whether I am able to still cope with it because the school fees are really expensive. I've already seen a psychologist many times and keep changing my medication but I still feel the same. If I can't even get out of bed and drop out of school, I couldn't even get a part time job. I just want this nightmare to end.

Geo911 March 17th, 2022

@sadglitterbug

I am really sorry you are going through this. It breaks my heart when young adults, or people in high school, write posts like these, because I can relate and I empathize with your situation. But I digress. I would like to point out that despite your tiredness, and despite your amotivation, you managed to boil down your thoughts and reach out. I hope you recognize that posting and looking for a way to vent, that takes a lot of strength. You should be proud of that strength.

I am very hopeful for you to live, and I hope it gets better. Thank you for posting