Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Who Hurt You?

Zlerp January 8th, 2019

Trigger Warning.

I feel like my Dad is the one who hurt me most.

I was talking to my therapist the other day, about how I was worried about my Dad because my Mom had told me that he was found lying on a bar table asleep after having one too many drinks. (Hes an alcoholic.)

Then I realized... Why do I care? Why do I care so much?? Why do I care at all?

Why would I care about someone who wasnt there when I was going through depression? (and still am), when I was in the hospital after multiple suicide attempts? He didnt give the slightest shit.

So why should I?

ruffneckred January 8th, 2019

Great thread and touching story. I also struggle with what the heck happened. Some say don't look back, maybe that is true. Some say that to ignore the past makes you doomed to repeat it. My unfinished conclusion is that parents imprint onto thier children. and not always in a good way, so as an adult you are always looking to your parents, some can successfully eliminate that "thought" but many just suppress it. I don't have help or suggestions, just know you are not alone. Parenting is hard, and important... I hope to break the cycle of "bad" parenting in my life but the stark reality is I cannot turn back time or undo things... my only hope it to imprint on my nearly grown children that I made mistakes, look closely and learn. Have a great day

Zlerp OP January 8th, 2019

@ruffneckred Thank you, it meant a lot what you said.

ruffneckred January 9th, 2019

@Zlerp

your welcome, hope you are having a great day