Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

#SelfCare after a bad depression relapse

forestfaoladh July 11th, 2019

I think Im finally starting to escape this bad depression rut, so Im making a list of things that I do to make myself feel more myself. I repeat these as much as possible until I start feeling me again. Feel free to add on :)

• get a haircut! I tend to neglect my hair during a bad relapse, so I always end up with a lot of split ends.

get your nails done! you dont have to get them painted! Just getting them cleaned up feels so much better

plan an outing with your friends (even if you dont necessarily feel like it!) Getting out of the house and doing something fun will help!

• start a new book or tv show

• eat a healthy dinner

• go to bed early

• do something creative! Even a simple DIY will work!

journal! I personally recommend starting a dream journal, or a gratitude journal

MamaHippo July 11th, 2019

@forestfaoladh

I like to do a 'spa' day where I dress up nice and put makeup on even if I'm not good at it

brightEast6907 September 7th, 2019

@forestfaoladh

This is all alot of effort

Eli098 August 3rd, 2019

That sounds like a wonderful bits of advice!

I would like to add some of my favorites too.

Take a walk in the park or a hike. Go eat at a restaurant you have never been to before. Book a mini vacation or staycation getaway to a nearby location. Try a new hobby or sport! Try to reconnect with a friend you haven't heard from in a long long time. Go for a long drive. Go for a run or exercise! Go window shopping.

Secretlysparkle September 26th, 2019

So what if you are alone right now .

Embrace it .Go get coffee alone .

shop alone. Drive alone .watch

movie alone . Get to know yourself.

Nothing bad can come from riding

Whatever wave to self improvement

You're blessed with in the moment 🌺

greenSpring309 September 26th, 2019

I try to keep a routine going even with the relapse, even if it is just a very basic routine just enough to keep myself in good order, put things away at their usual spot so I don't stress more, and make sure any commitments for study or work are met. Some of the normalcy helps me feel better in that moment.

I try to rest as much as possible and walk alot. Look at something that returns back a positive vibe, such as nature, or hug a pet that returns back unconditional love. I try to get inspiration from others who have made it through and remind myself that this too will pass.