Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to Overcome Depression

ZacSmith777 August 23rd, 2020

There's this special thing with 'Journeys', one tries to get to the destination no matter what. Imagine yourself setting off to a journey where you have to reach a destination while passing through jungles and plains, deserts and mountains. You'd obviously try to take all the essentially important stuff with you and leave the unimportant one behind cause you can't carry much with you as the journey is quite long, difficult and unpredictable. You have to choose wisely. Can't afford to burden yourself with unwanted things as they may stop you from reaching your destination. You'll go through a lot of different experiences in that journey, many troubles too. One moment up and the other down but if you stay firm and go through those hard times you'll succeed. Life is also a journey where you have to reach to some destination. For this you have to equip yourself with traits like patience, tolerance, focus, selflessness, forgiveness and letting go of things. On the other hand you have to leave behind things like envy, discrimination, hatred and getting stuck with things. Take the essentially important stuff with you and leave the unwanted behind. You'll go through all sorts of trouble but if you stay firm, you'll succeed.

Baconwayno August 23rd, 2020

@ZacSmith777

what an amazing piece to read! I'm struggling myself these days and reading that really inspired me

ZacSmith777 OP August 23rd, 2020

@Baconwayno Thankyou 😊. I'm glad that it did. Keep it moving.

Riverswancycnus August 23rd, 2020

@ZacSmith777. Good analogies. Yeah I guess persistence is the key, don't give up. But sometimes we get stuck in the mud.

@Riverswancycnus Absolutely, keep going is the only way.

SilverbackTiger August 23rd, 2020

Great and inspirational post, my friend. Just what this site needs!

I have found the most empowering message to myself these days is, no matter what:

STAY THE COURSE.

I'm celebrating 18 months teetotal, clean, sobriety! I'm 3 weeks into a 36 week weight loss and fitness programme and so far I've lost 15 lbs with a further 69 lbs still to lose. I'm free of drug and alcohol addiction and now I'm working on freeing myself from overeating/binge eating (food addiction).

I also hope to free myself from spending addiction too as I've been lowering my monthly outgoings for 18 months now and I also hope to start building savings soon.

In the past 10 months of healing, I've found a mental balance and inner peace I've never known in 30 years.

It's all about learning from our mistakes. Growing. Building. Improving. And not allowing ourselves to be defeated by the rough days.

Thanks for sharing your message. Sorry for oversharing but I felt this also belonged here, perhaps to inspire others too, as you have so well done.

I have my kit packed and ready for the journey, my friend! :D

I am prepared.

@SilverbackTiger Wow. such an inspiration your story is. Surely it belonged here. Kudos to you and appreciate your remarks. Yes i'm prepared.

SilverbackTiger August 23rd, 2020

@ZacSmith777 Thank you very much. Glad it helped. All the best on your adventure!