Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to deal with the comedown after a "good" day?

StrawberryPanda April 5th, 2015

The fog had lifted a bit this morning. It was still painful to get up but I had a bit more energy this time. My bf & me have been arguing lots. He asked if I?d prefer it if I didn?t care. He says if he doesn?t nag me then I won?t eat or wash.

So today was a lovely break from my depression ruining everything. Anxiety was there. The castle was quite busy & there were lots of children running about. I got anxious over walking up steps, I kept having intrusive images of me slipping & smashing my face.

Overall it was lovely. Beautiful sights & so damn cool to be in the middle of history.

But now what? I?m tired from all the stimulus. It?s past midnight so I should sleep but my brain won?t let me off easily. It has to squeeze in pain somewhere.

originalRiver28 April 30th, 2015

I completely understand how this can be. Sometimes, the best thing to do is to continue doing little things that make you feel good, and make sure to tell yourself that you had a great day and that you won't let it be ruined by this little come down. Don't beat yourself up about it, though, if it happens because it isn't your fault, it's just the body's reaction to different things. I hope this helps!